Lighting systems being installed in the canopy at TRON Lightcyle Run

May 10, 2021 in "Tron Lightcyle Run rollercoaster"

TRON Lightcycle Run construction - May 10 2021
Posted: Monday May 10, 2021 11:33am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Construction crews are working on the electrical systems for the lighting package at TRON Lightcycle Run.

Large runs of electric conduit can now be seen being placed throughout the canopy support structure, and various light fixtures are already being installed.

The canopy will feature a complex lighting package that will follow the ride vehicles bringing a lot of visual interest to the structure after dark.

Elsewhere on the canopy, work is continuing on removing the last few support structures.

Crews are working on removing the welded joins and repainting the structure.

Following delays due to the pandemic, the TRON ride is now expected to open later in 2022. Disney is yet to make any official announcement on a timeline for the coaster's opening.

Click the gallery for more pictures of TRON Lightcyle Run Coaster construction at the Magic Kingdom.

Nubs701 day ago

Not very many forms and pipes. Looks like form for the storm drainage under the laydown yard.

Squishy1 day ago

You know you took too long when grass starts growing on the construction site :banghead:

J45462 days ago

wow so many concrete sewer/water forms still remaining to be placed.. I swear it seems so close but theres still so much more to do

EricsBiscuit2 days ago

From today

MrPromey3 days ago

Then what was the point of your response to me?

MrPromey3 days ago

And my counter to you is, huh? Am I to assume that, based on your "counter", you believe every attraction at IOA should be as intense as Velocicoaster? Hate to break it to you but if you've never been, you're going to be disappointed. Like I said in my original post, I'm in no way advocating for all indoors at either Universal park. You're the only person here trying to make that straw man to argue with for some weird reason.

DCBaker3 days ago

jt043 days ago

I don't think there is a more significant item to have open on the 50th. It would have to be some major reason if it isn't.

mnelson33 days ago

I so want this to be open by October 1st. Won’t be a true 10/1 Anniversary without hearing the train whistle! At least I hope they stage the RR at the MS station and blow the whistle every so often πŸ˜‚.

jt043 days ago

They finally look like there at the point where they can finish the railroad ties. πŸš‚

egg4 days ago

The canopy looks like spaceship earth shed some skin

Jrb19794 days ago

IMO the best parks have a mixture of both.

J45464 days ago

my counter is that id like more intense rides to stay at Universal and more family friendly rides to come to Disney. of course this is just imo, some people like intense coaster rides but i prefer chill stuff like pirates and splash and indiana...well indiana isnt chill but its awesome

MisterPenguin4 days ago

No under the canopy thru a covered track (sort of like a covered bridge).
Harmonious show