Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad operations to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Aug 10, 2018 in "Tron Lightcyle Run rollercoaster"

Tron concept art
Posted: Friday August 10, 2018 1:31pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today announced that a both the Walt Disney World Railroad and The Tomorrowland Speedway will be interrupted during the construction of the new TRON coaster at the Magic Kingdom.

The Walt Disney World Railroad will temporarily take up residence at the Main Street Station starting in December 2018, pausing its grand-circle tours of Magic Kingdom Park. During this time, you will be able to get an up-close look at the railroad and take advantage of one-of-a-kind photo opportunities.

The Tomorrowland Speedway will close for a portion of 2019, as the attraction’s track is adjusted. It will reopen as the same attraction in the summer of 2019.

Captain Barbossa1 day ago

New rails at Fantasyland Station have been laid out and spiked into place. Track is starting to get re-ballasted.

ppete19756 days ago

With some of the irreplaceable stuff that you have I hope you have a great backup system in place. you dont want to end up like the simpsons (12 episodes).. family guy.... the incredibles ILM or the muppets...... https://drivesaversdatarecovery.com/company/data-recovery-hall-of-fame/

Disone6 days ago

I thought I read the howling has been restored. The railroad announcements were there at all the stations up until the day the railroad closed. I'm sure once reopens you'll hear it again. That said I'm beginning to suspect the railroad will not open until shortly before Tron light cycle run opens. So we're probably a good year or more away from being able to hear there was a nonsense.

aladdin20076 days ago

nowww approaching main street station......alll aboardddddd....I really miss this, the park is being voided of too many details like that, even before the closure Im not sure that was even being used??...we cant even have the haunted mansion howling effect outside anymore.

Movielover7 days ago

I think we all just need to let off some steam...

Disone7 days ago

Yes this is a tender topic. It's hard to gauge for sure if they are still on track. Not sure how to switch this or at least put it to bed.

Movielover8 days ago

Construction is really going off the rails here... 😜

mergatroid8 days ago

New E Ticket 'Train Disaster, The Ride' :cool:

Unbanshee8 days ago

I've heard the same. Turns out that the track is currently missing

RSoxNo18 days ago

Take this with a grain of salt, but I've been told there are some unforeseen WDW Railroad track issues in/around TRON. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

Disone11 days ago

Thank you for that. I was pretty sure those barrels are still there today but the naked island was confusing to me. I had not idea TSI was added later. Wow.

marni197111 days ago

I’d post some wider shots but my archive machine has gone to the great pc shop in the sky so I can’t access my collection at the moment. TSI was basically two lumps of unconnected dirt with some shrubbery before 1973.

nickys11 days ago

It had me confused too. Still have to stop and engage “manual override” when looking at it.

EricsBiscuit11 days ago

Hahaha that’s awesome!! It had me tripping!