Tiana's Bayou Adventure construction update from Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Mar 31, 2023 in "Tiana's Bayou Adventure"

Tiana's Bayou Adventure construction - March 29 2023
Posted: Friday March 31, 2023 12:04pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Here is the latest look at the progress on the former Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom as it is transformed into Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

More scaffolding has been installed this week, with crews working at the very top of the mountain.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure will open at Magic Kingdom in late 2024.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

celluloid4 minutes ago

It is similar in the nomenclature sense. The negative and positive tra sparency though... People just have to remember that Influencers are in it for their business as well. And under that, Disney is keeping them for The Disney company's interests.

JohnD14 minutes ago

Typically, the ride always goes down during that time for refurbishment. There is speculation it would stay open this time because it was closed for so long and hasn't run continuously as that ride system normally does. But we don't really know.

JohnD17 minutes ago

Congratulations on the call out, @Drew the Disney Dude!

erstwo18 minutes ago

I love this. I hope the story of why it was included comes out eventually. I'm a hopeless romantic, so I'm imagining it was someone's grandparent's favorite song, song at their wedding, or something along those lines. And they snuck a little Easter egg in the ride. Maybe someone has already figured it out?

JohnD24 minutes ago

Thank you!

MisterPenguin25 minutes ago

It was made too late to make a difference. And without moderation policing spoilers in this thread, there is no difference... except maybe to give an outlet to people already banned from one or both of the 'construction' threads.

LittleBuford29 minutes ago

Why do you say this? The queue backstory is entirely divorced from and irrelevant to the story of the ride.

monothingie33 minutes ago

Or they were required to provide a positive review.

_caleb1 hour ago

Yeah, maybe. The difference being that their biased opinions were confirmed by actual in-person experience (vs. a bad POV video).

Tha Realest1 hour ago

That thread gives us a summary of the finished product. This thread lets everyone brag about how the finished product confirms their priors.

retr0gate1 hour ago

I agree that an insane amount of negativity has haunted this thread since it's conception (look at any of my old posts and you'll see me basically pleading for people to give the ride a chance) but I think it's unfair to dismiss anyone who has legitimate criticism of the ride by claiming "confirmation bias." I for one haven't ridden it in person yet so I'm reserving my judgement until I do (hopefully tomorrow). I've skimmed the POV out of curiosity and as somebody who's been looking forward to this ride for a while, I am cautiously optimistic. Back when we knew next to nothing about this attraction, a lot of the hate was unwarranted because there was not much to base it off of. Now that we have access to the "full" experience, the same cannot be said. If somebody is sharing their opinion and giving us detailed, reasonable explanations on why they feel the way they do, that's not confirmation bias, it's just their personal preference based on what's physically there.

monothingie2 hours ago

So then using that same argument, would it be fair to say that all the people who have previewed TBA and given it glowing feedback should not be counted on because Disney gave them special access and they may (likely) have to give positive feedback?

MerlinTheGoat2 hours ago

I was extremely reasonable and relatively optimistic (if cautiously so) about this retheme prior to it opening. Anyone who has read my posts in this thread will know this. It utterly failed to live up to any of the moderate expectations I had in place.

Disstevefan12 hours ago

I sure hope so! ITS BRAND NEW! it shouldn't require maintenance! Maintenance was THE REAL REASON this attraction was re themed and while they were at it they could erase the previous attraction for reasons. As for the winter, since they removed the water cannons that created the splash at the bottom of the drop that was in the previous attraction, it seems to me they should be able to run this at least for the first Jan/Feb in my opinion.