Tiana's Bayou Adventure construction progresses at Walt Disney World

Oct 27, 2023 in "Tiana's Bayou Adventure"

Tiana's Bayou Adventure construction - October 27 2023
Posted: Friday October 27, 2023 10:05am Et by WDWMAGIC Staff

Today, we have the latest look at the construction progress for Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

Three large tree trunks have arrived this week, taking up position on the right side of the mountain. There are connectors throughout the trunks to attach branches.

Scaffolding has been removed in some areas, giving a clearer look at the new greenery and paintwork.

At the main entrance, work is underway on new walkways and a small elevated structure. We also get a clear view of the new Malaika Favorite mural.

Magic Kiingdom's Tiana's Bayou Adventure was said initially by Disney to open in late 2024, but recent wording from Disney has dropped the "late." There may be hope for a slightly earlier-than-anticipated opening.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Drew the Disney Dude3 hours ago

This is likely my final "construction" update ever for this attraction, but they added new props outside of Mama Odie’s house! The candles look fantastic and there's some fun Mardi Gras beads around them. It's a very simple addition, but it adds a lot to this area, especially at nighttime.

Drew the Disney Dude3 hours ago

It operated nearly flawlessly tonight! They opened it 40 minutes before when it was scheduled to open, and it was operating without any major issues for the entire night. I am pleasantly surprised (and shocked) at how smoothly the event went. I hope it's a sign for what's to come.

Meeko775 hours ago

So glad you got to ride! Would love to hear more about the D23 event!

hopemax6 hours ago

Update! Weather stayed away, rode three times. Now I can go back and read all the threads.

peter114356 hours ago

That’s not the problem.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure6 hours ago

Like what? Making it so the A-1000 animatronics of Tiana and Louis move consistently? I'm not sure what they plan on implementing because the sensors that go off to make them move seems to be the root cause.

Jedi149 hours ago

Unusual places hide unusual talent

EagleScout6109 hours ago

Can anyone tell what Mama Odie says right before she does her "Time to think big! Time to get tiny!" Line in this POV? To me sounds like "Couldn't use your faces, eyes unusual package?"

esskay10 hours ago

That passholder shirt looks super cute, although slightly ruined by the obnoxious "HEY EVERYONE I AM A PASSHOLDER" nonsense down the side. Hope they do one without that once its open but guess thats wishful thinking.

Kirby8611 hours ago

I'm not going to lie I actually like the passholder merchandise.... if it didn't have passholder placed on it. I get having exclusive stuff for people who are loyal to your product but it shouldn't be as lazy as writing "passholder"on a pin or shirt. I know this isn't just a Disney thing.

hopemax13 hours ago

D23 event is tonight! Between the weather and the problems, odds that I actually get to ride? 🤣

themerebear645315 hours ago

Can we just make it a thing where we sing ‘Friends on the Other Side’ during the lift? Rocky Horror Picture Show style

Figments Friend18 hours ago

Have a CM friend telling me they are on a Preview tomorrow…. They received a email to ‘confirm’ their spot, but that might not mean anything. -

Mr. Sullivan1 day ago

No it doesn't. It suggests that these previews have shown them that these technical issues aren't going to be effectively corrected while they're actively sending riders through, so they need to work on it without having to be evacuating riders constantly to do so.