Updated Magic Kingdom Map Features the Upcoming Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Disney World

30 days ago in "Tiana's Bayou Adventure"

Posted: Wednesday May 15, 2024 2:!6pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The Magic Kingdom Guide Map in My Disney Experience has now been updated to include Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

The refreshed digital guide map for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom prominently features Tiana's Bayou Adventure, which is illustrated in vibrant detail, showing a lush, green landscape surrounding the winding water ride.

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will officially open to all guests at Magic Kingdom on June 28, 2024

At a Glance Guide: All the Preview Dates for Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Disney World

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

easyrowrdw1 hour ago

There were storms in the area in the early evening that shut down the outdoor rides. They cleared the queue at Tiana’s at some point. I was in the 6:29 callback group. When I arrived at 7:25 I think they had just reopened. It was essentially a walk-on. As I exited the ride I heard guests arriving at the line saying they’d been cleared earlier. I saw the line at 4:00 and it was winding all around outside. I wonder if they didn’t call more groups because so many people were sent off throughout the day?

Tha Realest1 hour ago

Welcome to the boards! Enjoy your time here.

FinallyThereTiana2 hours ago

I love Jennifer Lewis and I love Mama Odie! I'm glad to see she's enjoying herself and enjoying the ride! ❤️ Wish I was there with them having fun... *sigh*

gerarar2 hours ago

Recap on the second operational day for the public (technically APs..): 7am drop lasted for 24 mins, versus yesterday's ~2 hours. Seems like APs with a MK reservation were more proactive to getting a BG right away after yesterday's situation. 1pm drop only lasted for about 1 sec. This is somewhat of a surprise because there were no extended downtimes leading up to the 1pm drop. Maybe the afternoon 1pm drop really only has a limited allotment/supply to account for any downtimes in the afternoon. Now for the downtimes: It failed to open with the official park open again at 9am. Opened for BGs at 9:39am. Then at around 1:45pm, it closed for another ~1.5 hours. Around 4:30pm, it closed for 30 mins. Then at 6:29pm, it stopped calling BGs and would not call anymore BGs for the rest of the night. The park closes at 11pm, so there was about another 4 hours of operational time. Could also be they ran out of BGs to call, but I doubt. So in total, 376 mins, or ~6 hours 16 mins of total downtime today. Magic Kingdom was open for 14 hours today, so it was closed for ~44% of the day. A little bit better than yesterday's downtime of 7 hours, but still not good and ideal. There are no AP previews tomorrow 6/15. Day 2 Stats Recap in TBA VQ thread:

brettf222 hours ago

One question I had after my ride. We got stopped right before the shrinking drop, right past the sitting Tiana. I was directly across from the Louis animatronic with his head stuck in the ground. As we sat there, I noticed a vertical piece of tree/rock work directly off the right hand side of the vehicle that was so close, I could easily touch it with my whole hand, without leaning out at all. It was, at most, a foot from the log, at face level. Was this there during Splash? I can’t imagine why they would place something so close to the human envelope of the ride. Another interesting thing was that the Tiana and Louis animatronics stopped talking after a minute or so of logs being stopped in this area. But they didn’t freeze. They just made subtle movements, bopping along with the music, as if they were just waiting for things to start back up. Very cool. The Mama Odie animation, however, never stopped.

Tha Realest3 hours ago

Should have built a different, or new, ride. Or, figured it out over the last year and a half. Oh well.

Mr. Sullivan4 hours ago

I saw a tweet today mentioning that some CMs have said some of the lighting issues are the same ones Splash was having in its final years. So it seems to me that there’s some carry over of the original attraction’s problems that are being amplified by and playing out alongside the issues with the new modern systems that have been introduced during the refit. As I’m sure many have noted it isn’t uncommon for an attraction with new systems to have headaches during its opening (especially when its not a ground up system). Unfortunately it just seems that they’re struggling to troubleshoot it right now. The new systems they’ve applied are a fair bit more complex than what was originally there and I’m sure its a challenge to correct them while also correct decades old issues at the same time.

Mr. Sullivan4 hours ago

Some people did it get it. Many did not, myself and my whole family included. And that’s even with my parents riding it in its opening year. The storyline and events of Splash just were not all that clear to a large portion of the audience. Some got it most definitely, but I’ve experienced conversations with many people who were unaware there was even a through narrative and not just a bunch of disconnected vignettes.

TrainsOfDisney5 hours ago

If the other attractions are any indication that is far from the worst that WDW is capable of.

co100645 hours ago

Unfortunately I’m afraid they tried a bit too hard with the new log-activated animatronic synchronization. Hopefully they can get it worked out. At worst, maybe they could reprogram the animatronics to loop continuously and independently of the log vehicles.

AdventureHasAName5 hours ago

Get the strobe light (and the excuses).

_caleb7 hours ago

I’ve been following these updates:

akileese7 hours ago

We're seeing a lot more static AAs today, but also the ride isn't taking four hour outages either so there may be a bit of a correlation there. If I had to guess, they made some heavy tweaks to the sensor activations to prevent it from shutting down, but I'm basing this on absolutely nothing other than seeing the same AA behavior in a lot of videos today. I saw the one blog mickey video with the blinking lights, were there others or just that one?

Sectorkeeper718 hours ago

Do you or anyone know where exactly the sensors are located? Is it an issue with fake foliage getting in the way maybe? I’m not entirely sure how it works