Disney teases Tiana's Bayou Adventure opening date announcement

May 12, 2024 in "Tiana's Bayou Adventure"

Posted: Sunday May 12, 2024 8:36am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

UPDATE - Disney announces opening date for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World.

During tonight's Disney Night on American Idol, we may finally find out the opening date for Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World.

Disney's social media accounts are teasing the announcement, saying, "tune-in TONIGHT to #DisneyNight on @AmericanIdol on @ABC at 8PM ET/5PM PT for a special announcement as we gear up to celebrate the opening of Tiana's Bayou Adventure at @WaltDisneyWorld!"

Renowned actress and singer Jenifer Lewis, the voice of Mama Odie in Tiana's Bayou Adventure, will grace the stage with a performance of "Dig a Little Deeper" from Disney Animation's "The Princess and the Frog." Eight-time Grammy winner Terrance Blanchard, a featured musician in the film and collaborator on Tiana's Bayou Adventure, will accompany Jenifer on the trumpet.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

lightningtap3471 hour ago

Super useful response! Thanks!

tiger042 hours ago

My preview allowed re-rides.

Professortango19 hours ago

I understood it when I was much younger. Brer Rabbit says not to throw him that briar patch. Fox says "that's just where you're going!" and we are tossed into the briar patch. Then at the end the new refrains sing about Brer Rabbit tricking them and he signs "its where I'm born and bred in, the Briar Patch is where I'm heading!" There was plenty of information to pick up on.

V_L_Raptor10 hours ago

It’s been a thing for a while at Test Track whenever it’s 101.

gerarar12 hours ago

Recap on the first operational day for the public (technically APs..): 7am drop lasted for a couple hours, so everyone/APs who had a MK park reservation would and should of been able to get a BG. But due to the delayed opening and extended downtime in the morning, the afternoon 1pm drop allotment was most likely reduced (in combination with APs with a non-MK reservation), hence it only lasting for about 2 secs. Now for the downtimes: It failed to open with the official park open at 9am. Took until 11:40am, ~3 hours downtime. Then at around 1:30pm, it closed again for another ~3 hours. Around 5pm and 6pm, it also broke down for about an hour. So in total, 427 mins, or ~7 hours 7 mins of total downtime today. Magic Kingdom was open for 13 hours today, so it was closed for ~54% of the day. Basically, not good. Hopefully things improve in the next week during these previews before it officially opens to the general public. Day 1 Stats Recap in TBA VQ thread:

Brer Oswald13 hours ago

I understood it just fine when I was 11. To make it even more clear, the drop led into the briar patch. His home at the start was the briar patch.

Dranth14 hours ago

I’ve been riding it since day one and it isn’t just the speakers.

Sectorkeeper7115 hours ago

I just learned from this forum a couple weeks ago that the point of the drop was brer rabbit escaping from brer fox. I always just assumed Fox just chucked him off out of spite and he somehow lived. I do think part of both of our issues is the speakers started going over the years so it came out a bit of a garbled mess

Centauri Space Station15 hours ago

I’ll be honest i barely could understand half the dialogue on splash. The most i knew was that the bear and fox were trying to kill the rabbit.

_caleb17 hours ago

I'm trying to engage in discussion about the general reaction to TBA, and how the POV may have affected that. I'm not "addressing people here and their actions" beyond just saying I've noticed some trends. You take my observations as an attack or something? I try to be courteous. I'm genuinely confused by this exchange. My comments have been based on what I've seen in this thread (I've read every post!), and I'm just trying to share my thoughts on the impact that video had (and continues to have). Huh? Of course others don't speak for you... again, I've seen the pattern of response here and I've just been trying to talk about the ripple effect out into the general public. I'm really confused by your replies to me here. Maybe someone else can help explain to me what I'm missing, or what I said that seems to have frustrated you. Or, I'm happy to just let it go.

Professortango117 hours ago

Let's not forget that Disney also did their part in the 90's to help folks become accustomed to the characters. I grew up not knowing the film due to the ban, but I LOVED the characters because Disney put out a wide variety of books telling many of the Joel Chandler Harris stories as well as integrating the animated segments into the Disney Sing A-Long VHS series. Splash introduced me to the characters and Disney's ancillary products opened my eyes to the stories and literature they derive from. I think late 80's Disney knew they had to do some leg work because these stories were not known to new generations and likely wouldn't be. Current Disney got lazy and thought "everyone knows PatF and can watch it on Disney+, so let's just give them something cute to do rather than give park guests a reason to be endeared to them and their adventure.

flynnibus19 hours ago

Because I answered a direct question asking for basically a citation? So I provided it. No, because I know the information is easily missed, or because someone may have simply not known the information is there. It's not a topic of doubting someone's opinion - it's an example of citing material to support your assertion. These two posts are nothing alike.. so not sure why you are trying to connect them. So take it up with them? Why are you addressing people here and their actions based on people not even here? I don't address you based on what someone completely unrelated to our conversation is doing - have the same courtesy to everyone else here. We don't speak for those people... nor do they speak for us... so stop using your interaction with them to assume what someone unrelated is doing. That's not 'giving credit' - that's the opposite... assuming because you saw something over there, everyone over here must be the same.

The Mom19 hours ago

3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user. Just a reminder.

Ayla19 hours ago

Never ridden it, so that could explain why I've never seen that particular line of CM's.