New concept art and details unveiled for Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World

Apr 12, 2023 in "Tiana's Bayou Adventure"

Posted: Wednesday April 12, 2023 1:13pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today announced more details on the upcoming Tiana's Bayou Adventure attraction coming to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in late 2024, including news on animatronics and the appearance of Mama Odie.

As depicted in this newly released rendering above, Mama Odie jokes with guests along their journey after a special display of her magic. The two-hundred-year-old Bayou Fairy Godmother, with her eccentric belongings and “seeing eye snake,” Juju, is comically eccentric, yet wise and all-knowing, throughout the adventure. Actress Jenifer Lewis, who starred as the voice of Mama Odie in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “The Princess and the Frog,” is once again returning to her role for the attraction.

Other new details announced for today for Tiana's Bayou Adventure include:

• Brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
  • Dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics figures
  • Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans!
  • New, original music alongside favorite tunes from the film
  • Alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party will be part of the attraction queue!
  • Additional talent voices from the film reprising their roles, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, and the one and only Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana
  • Familiar faces from the film such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia and Prince Ralphie

Disney also announced today that Splash Mountain at Disneyland park will be closed starting May 31, 2023.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

wdisney9000Less than a minute ago

You win! Lmao!

Figments Friend2 minutes ago

Hoping it’s not ‘too gory’… Apologies to The Mom if the image is too graphic for the forum. Feel free to remove it if need be. No harm meant…. -

TheCoasterNerd9 minutes ago

whoah, I've never seen the whole cartoon before, that's wild!

Figments Friend18 minutes ago

Everything is fine. Just fine and dandy. No issues here……none at all…. Meanwhile in Burbank -

Figments Friend3 hours ago

bwr82723 hours ago

It was plenty for me; I don’t work for the FTC. (I’m picturing bureaucrats who ask their grandkids how MySpace works.)

Consumer1 day ago

That is not adequate ad disclosure. It needs to be outright stated that this is a paid sponsorship. https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidance/resources/disclosures-101-social-media-influencers

CntrlFlPete1 day ago

I do not follow any influencers so I am not sure what all they are saying verse what the general public is saying. From what I have read in some threads around here, well, to me it seems like it needs to be compared to Splash or something as opposed to just judging it as TBA. After one ride through, my family is pleased with the makeover. Looking at it compared to other recent additions, well NRA has a great visual environment and one extremely impressive animatronic wrapped into a short ride. Here, we have a lot of very impressive animatronics and a wonderful visual environment in a lengthy ride that has a better pay off for the wait verses many shorter ride times around the park. My family is happy we have been on Splash (and other rides that have left the MK) and yet TBA is an attraction we will enjoy when we visit. I am also happy that I know I will enjoy future rides for there is a lot that I did not take in on one ride through.

Incomudro1 day ago

Hey, at least THIS Tiana isn't middle aged!

Unbanshee1 day ago

Well done. Honestly, the extreme hate for the company is as predictable as the extreme love - they just speak to different audiences, but neither are authentic

JD801 day ago

Like this? (This is just a gag, it's not real)

monothingie1 day ago

You don't get a $400 swag bag, special access, food, drinks, and other perks for giving negative reviews.

Tjaden1 day ago

Tha Realest1 day ago

Probably worried too much about it’s reliability a week out from official opening to reflect much on how it’s being recieved. Unless they’re looking at the fact it doesn’t seem to have moved the needle on bookings.