First merchandise for Tiana's Bayou Adventure arrives at Target

Apr 05, 2024 in "Tiana's Bayou Adventure"

Posted: Friday April 5, 2024 11:40am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Some of the first merchandise for the upcoming Tiana's Bayou Adventure attraction at Walt Disney World is now available at Target.

Disney Store at Target is now selling The Princess and the Frog Louis Cuddleez for $39.99, complete with a Tiana's Bayou Adventure tag. You can buy it online for delivery, but availability in-store is limited.

We expect a significant amount of merchandise to be available alongside the opening of Tiana's Bayou Adventure. In addition to Target and Disney Store online, there will be two gift shops at the attraction.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure opens this summer at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, and later in 2024 at Disneyland.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Disney Analyst1 minute ago

I concur with your question. I only engaged as the claim seemed to be that the lack of her princess gown from the movie seemingly meant no one would know she is a princess, or results in some sort of failing of the ride. My only point was that a princess is far more than an outfit, which can easily be explained to a child if they ask their parents.

Professortango13 minutes ago

I have. lol But I do so because I think films and theme park attractions are two different artistic mediums and trying to force a theme park attraction to deliver a narrative experience similar to a film has proven to be unsuccessful. I find theme park attractions that focus on an emotional aspect of the material and exploring plot more abstractly to be more compelling. I suppose we should change "book report ride" to "narrative driven ride" and it might better exemplify the issues folk often take with them.

LittleBuford6 minutes ago

Then what is the argument exactly? Because it seemed to me you were suggesting that Tiana’s alternative outfits—which, to be clear, will include a pretty dress in the finale—would leave little girls disappointed. And that’s the very point I was responding to (admittedly with some jocular hyperbole).

Professortango18 minutes ago

I never argued that kids wouldn't have a good time. You were the one saying that Tiana can wear whatever because the outfit doesn't dictate her character. And I argued that her Princess status in the eyes of children is tied to the iconography the film established. I don't think anyone said they wouldn't be able to. Nobody said girls are going to break into tears or look around wondering where Tiana is. No need to Strawman the argument.

Disney Glimpses9 minutes ago

Ehhh...I can assure you that From Justin to Kelly (2003) is objectively a terrible movie.

LittleBuford10 minutes ago

I’m sure little girls will cope just fine seeing Tiana in a different sparkly dress from the one she got married in.

Disney Analyst14 minutes ago

Best news is… they can still do that, and then see Tiana in the parks in her gown, and then go and ride Tiana’s ride and have the best time ever!! Oh my god, the kids are winning!

Professortango115 minutes ago

You can roll your eyes, but are girls heading to Bibbidy Bobbidy Bootique more likely to seek out the "princess dress" or a Pith Helmet? My experience with young kids, they are going to be drawn to the frilly pretty thing. Iconography is important in fictional characters. Its why we see Indy in his fedora and leather jacket instead of him in a Tux or a T-shirt.

Incomudro16 minutes ago

I've never complained about book report style rides.

pigglewiggle17 minutes ago

I don't know, but I'm still chuckling at the post that was upset about Tiana looking like a "real woman". Oh, and Disney doesn't care about children because now there is stroller parking where a play ground area once was.

Brer Panther19 minutes ago

I initially thought this was one of the "Brer Rabbit in the hayloft" signs without Brer Rabbit, but I'm probably wrong. Maybe she'll work on the Moana ride they're adding to Adventureland. It really does feel like Naveen is a non-entity in this attraction, doesn't it? What, girls of color deserve representation but guys of color don't? Both very good points. There are no funny gags, the kind Marc Davis was so good at, in something like Rise of the Resistance or Mickey's Runaway Railway.

Disney Analyst19 minutes ago

The goal posts are constantly moving, it’s hard to keep up.

Coaster Lover21 minutes ago

I thought we were still complaining about Disney making "book report" style rides... have we come full circle and are now back to asking for book report style rides?

Disney Analyst24 minutes ago