Tiana's Bayou Adventure opening date still a mystery post-Disney shareholder meeting

Apr 03, 2024 in "Tiana's Bayou Adventure"

Tiana's Bayou Adventure construction - March 26, 2024
Posted: Wednesday April 3, 2024 2:00pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney CEO Bob Iger addressed shareholders at today's Walt Disney Co. Annual Shareholder meeting but did not provide any update on the opening of Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World or Disneyland.

Despite updating shareholders on recent openings at the parks and mentioning the possibility of an Avatar experience at Disneyland, Bob had nothing to say about any upcoming projects at Walt Disney World.

Today's meeting was widely expected to offer an opening date for Tiana's Bayou Adventure, but it appears that plans are still fluid, and Disney is not yet ready to commit to a date. There are no major Disney events between now and the previously announced "summer 2024" opening, meaning a social media announcement is now the most likely scenario.

The development of Tiana's Bayou Adventure in Walt Disney World is making significant strides. The exterior is nearing completion, and Imagineers are already conducting test rides on the attraction.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

nickys2 hours ago

You forgot the maintenance fees in that calculation.

pigglewiggle2 hours ago

Not offended. You as well.

Professortango12 hours ago

Okay. Sorry to offend. Have a great day.

pigglewiggle2 hours ago

I was a teen in the 80's/early 90's, I really didn't need that explained to me, but thanks. Also, it was more haphazard back then, what you are describing seems more purposeful/stylized. I'm good with my original post.

Professortango12 hours ago

They typically blanket a wall in a repeating fashion or in a specific formation to make the collection of posters feel like a bigger artistic statement. It usually more collage-like or mixed media with plastered posters and graffiti and murals all creating a sense of displayed art. Maybe we can bring in the folks who did the barn and ingredients on the exposed fence and they can paint a bunch of murals on the walls.

pigglewiggle5 hours ago

I think it's fine. Reminds me of how movie posters or bands advertising a show at a bar plaster the sides of buildings in the city with flyers. It's always been a way of advertising.

TheCoasterNerd5 hours ago

I love the rest of the look of what we can see but the posters just make it busy.

SuddenStorm5 hours ago

And, people are complaining about people complaining as they have for years. But sometimes it feels as though some think a complaint is just "an opinion I disagree with"

MagicHappens19715 hours ago

? Nothing is really going on. Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens June 28th at MK, later this fall at DL. Will open with VQ & Genie+. Previews are happening shortly. Currently, on here many are complaining about literally anything as they have for several years.

DonniePeverley5 hours ago

At the risk of scouring through 646 pages - can someone give me a brief synopsis of what on earth is going on.

Magicart876 hours ago

Anyone thinking the new song will drop prior to opening? Or leak?

Magicart876 hours ago

Renewed hype. A thoughtful Imagineer. Or forgot to add them previously. I like the new posters! Should have been up sooner though, I agree. One of the better graphics. Don't forget the crazed 👀 thumbnail.

Disstevefan16 hours ago

Initially this will be in huge demand because it’s a new experience it’s as simple as that.

threvester7 hours ago

I dont understand why people keep thinking this. Does anyone plan on riding it more than they rode Splash? Splash certainly didnt need a VQ or ILL