Large set-piece spotted being hoisted into Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Magic Kingdom

Nov 02, 2023 in "Tiana's Bayou Adventure"

Tiana's Bayou Adventure set-piece delivery
Posted: Thursday November 2, 2023 1:@2pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Thanks to some lucky timing, we spotted this large set-piece being lifted into position at Tiana's Bayou Adventure in Magic Kingdom today.

The set-piece comprises a mechanical crane taking on a rusted, industrial appearance, with a series of gears and pulleys. The arm of the crane is extended and is hoisting a wooden crate, which is suspended by ropes. The crate contains three boxes, one stamped with Tiana's logo.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure replaces Splash Mountain with a planned opening in 2024 at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

maemae7452 minutes ago

Loved Splash but it was time! I am super excited for this new attraction. I have a preview pass to ride in June and I can't wait!! Princess and The Frog is an excellent movie better than most including Frozen.

JD801 hour ago

Just click ignore and move on.

ToTBellHop12 hours ago

I was banned temporarily from the DAS thread so, yes, they do.

Drew the Disney Dude12 hours ago

They were filming the other night, and I would not be shocked to see a POV drop within a week before previews so the official footage is first. I'm trying to get more confirmation on this, and if I'm able to share it, I will. I'd take this as an unofficial spoiler warning, just in case.

UNCgolf13 hours ago

OLC spent 4-5x as much money on DisneySea as Disney spent on California Adventure. That's why. California Adventure cost $600 million. DisneySea cost 335 billion yen, which in 2000-2001 would be the equivalent of roughly $2.8 billion.

Incomudro14 hours ago

I love your posts! Your humor isn't lost on me, and you are not one of the trolls.

Incomudro14 hours ago

I had never seen the film either. When this retheme was official, I decided to watch it for homework. I figured I shouldn't judge the validity or lock thereof for using that movie for this ride if I didn't watch the movie. I was happily surprised how enjoyable the film was, and how great it and the songs could work for this ride. It gave me a lot of hope.

𝕴𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖗9715 hours ago

I sure hope you’re not talking about me. I just made a joke and everyone’s flying off the handle.

Mikomike1215 hours ago

Another day of being confused why certain people are still allowed on this forum after weeks of trolling. Does this website even have a ban feature for moderators? Why does this site allow this behavior time and time again? Purging the same conversations over and over again does nothing, get these people out of here

Epcot81Fan16 hours ago

Actually only takes a few minutes to catch up here, but thanks for asking! Oh, and I'm not offended ;)

Sir_Cliff16 hours ago

Where are we on being a functioning adult and spending a significant portion of your day trolling Disney fan boards?

Surferboy56716 hours ago

I’m super surprised we haven’t really gotten a clear view of any of the show scenes yet. I’m sure with as impressive AA’s as this seems to have they will be great, just thought they’d show them off.

TalkToEthan16 hours ago

In 2001 Disney opened a park in California, in asinine fashion, with a California theme creating mass ridicule and embarrassment. Months later in fall of 2001 Tokyo(OLC) opened Disney Sea to raving reviews. What would account for this staggering difference in quality? Did imagineers have a lot of influence in the direction of each park or overall themes?

flyerjab17 hours ago

So true. It all comes down to money. Disney Imagineers support all the resorts. The business culture of OLC clearly prioritizes quality, not just profit. And I know that Disney is a different company in terms of scope and variety of products. But man, imagine what these parks would look like with OLC, their profit margins and their commitment to quality.