More details announced on the upcoming Star Wars-Inspired Resort coming to Walt Disney World

Feb 12, 2018 in "Star Wars Galaxy's Edge"

Star Wars Resort concept art
Posted: Monday February 12, 2018 10:32pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today released a few more tidbits on the upcoming Star Wars-inspired resort coming to Walt Disney World.

This first-of-its-kind resort will combine luxury with complete immersion into an authentic Star Wars story. Guests’ journey through space will start when everyone departs together for a multiday Stars Wars adventure by boarding a starship alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during a voyage through the galaxy.

At the resort, guests immediately become active citizens of the galaxy and can dress up in the proper attire. Every resort window will also have a view into space. The opportunity for immersion at this resort will also stand out among all Disney resorts around the globe, as it will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, allowing guests a total Star Wars experience.

Incomudro3 days ago

I understand that, in direct price comparison to other deluxe hotels.

Incomudro3 days ago

The powers of selling.

Incomudro3 days ago

But they appear to be. The appearance and vibe is luxury. (personally, I went on one cruise ship and would never do it again)

nickys3 days ago

Us too. At the projection / fireworks show that night there was an incredible emotional reaction from the crowd to whenever she appeared in images on screen. It actually sounded more like a roar than a cheer. There was lot of dust in the air that night I remember.

nickys3 days ago

I remember pricing this out when people first started posting the ballpark figures. It was going to be something like $2k per adult for the first 2 in a room, plus perhaps $1k per child. IIRC there was also a figure of $7,200 floating around for 4 people sharing a room.

corran horn3 days ago

(looks around, whispers) This is why I like OKW.

MisterPenguin3 days ago

You're right. Will be updating the numbers.

MisterPenguin3 days ago

Neither are cruise ship cabins, but they charge thousands of dollars for them.

CastAStone3 days ago

At Bay Lake Tower Disney has convinced people that a smaller room than the traditional contemporary resort rooms that is in a separate building from the transportation and dining and with a pull out couch and a queen bed is a “Deluxe Villa” worth paying *more* than the standard deluxe room price for because it has a $30 microwave in the room. I’m not sure Disney is worried about the actual niceness of the accommodations when setting prices.

corran horn3 days ago

Do I get an exclusive pin? Or at least a car magnet?

runnsally3 days ago

I think the cost predictions underestimate how much WDW thinks they can charge for 2+ days of entertainment programming. My guess for 2 adults, 2 kids for the entire experience… Lodging - $1200 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners - $1400 “Entertainment” - $4000 Total - $6600

UNCgolf3 days ago

None of the Disney deluxe hotels really offer luxury, comfort, and opulence as is -- at least not comparable with what they're charging.

TiggerDad3 days ago

$2,000 divided by 4 people is $500 each not $400 each. Doubled would then by $1,000 not $800. In each of the examples that refer to $400 per extra person, I assumed that would only apply to 3rd and 4th people, not to the second person. I could be wrong, but if the baseline is "double" occupancy, they shouldn't charge extra for the second person.

Incomudro3 days ago

I understand all of that, but still - many people who have a lot to spend want a level of comfort to go with that expenditure, that's why place like the Grand Floridian, or Atlantis deliver what they do. Even the cramped cabins of a cruise ship offer a level of luxury. I also understand that this is a space ship, so it needs to look like it does, and that the number of guests is small enough that it is likely to not have a shortage of those willing to do it for some time to come.