More details announced on the upcoming Star Wars-Inspired Resort coming to Walt Disney World

Feb 12, 2018 in "Star Wars Galaxy's Edge"

Star Wars Resort concept art

Disney has today released a few more tidbits on the upcoming Star Wars-inspired resort coming to Walt Disney World.

This first-of-its-kind resort will combine luxury with complete immersion into an authentic Star Wars story. Guests’ journey through space will start when everyone departs together for a multiday Stars Wars adventure by boarding a starship alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during a voyage through the galaxy.

At the resort, guests immediately become active citizens of the galaxy and can dress up in the proper attire. Every resort window will also have a view into space. The opportunity for immersion at this resort will also stand out among all Disney resorts around the globe, as it will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, allowing guests a total Star Wars experience.

Article Posted: Feb 12, 2018 / 10:32pm ET

larryz7 hours ago

It doesn't matter what you call it -- hyperspace, warp speed, it's all the same.

Movielover7 hours ago

I think you got some Star Trek Chocolate in the Star Wars Peanut Butter there buddy... ;)

LovePop8 hours ago

I can't wait for this thing to open! I am not interested in it myself - too expensive - but I want to see how popular the hotel will be: right after opening, and in the years to come, without a pool and stuff. Imagine it being stuffed full, Disney will make a boatload of money and help pay for the covid damage they suffered

larryz9 hours ago

When people sign up for a tour, the tour begins without them if they're late. Cruise ships depart on time (usually), especially if the late people can't be contacted. I assume the LARP will proceed on time. People are paying big bucks per hour for it. They shouldn't lose out on 'play time' because some people are late. Well, in the Star Wars universe, being "on time" isn't all that critical with hyperspace travel. Latecomers can always take a warp-speed trip to catch up. They might miss part of the fun, but then again, get that special "warp 8" arrival experience.

MisterPenguin13 hours ago

dmw14 hours ago

Continuing with the cruise thinking... There must be some point where the shuttles from the port to the ship end, and the ship departs for its destination. So, would there be a cutoff for boarding like there is on real cruise ships? I would think so. That would make this very different from a hotel where there is no hard stop for check-in. I would expect that once the final shuttle arrives with the last passengers, the first big group activity would be some type of departure party (after the muster drill), like a cruise ship. Prior to that, passengers would be settling in, unpacking, getting some food or beverage. That might also be the time for the guests to get "into character", getting their costumes, etc. The departure would be the start of more organized activities. For the one full day, a visit to Batuu, of course. There would probably be other activities from which to choose, similar to excursions. I wonder if guests will need to sign up for excursions prior to boarding, or if that is part of the arrival day activities... Now, checkout day would likely start earlier than 11am. For the overall effect, passengers would need to disembark via shuttles back to the port. Perhaps they would need to request a departure time, or be assigned a departure time. On that day they would also need to return the costumes. I would expect an early breakfast, then staggered departures via shuttle. It would be really cruise-like if guests had to put their suitcases outside the rooms the night before and then pick up the luggage at the port.

twilight mitsuk1 day ago

And a muster drill

flynnibus1 day ago

And you have your half or 3/4 day at batuu as well. Presumably check in day will include some sort of departure activities... with evening events like the dinner show probably the big anchor of the day. day 2 would be batuu for the big anchor probably surrounded by adhoc activities and “choose your adventure” kind of stuff. Check out day is probably more staging with some ability to revisit stuff before departure. Then stagger the hotel into two groups... so group 1 is on day 1... group 2 is on day 2. They would probably sacrifice the story continuity here for operational capacity. I’m disappointed that its only two nights. I think that is too short when you include batuu.

MisterPenguin1 day ago

I'm guessing 3p - - 11a. So yes, a few hours less than two full days. That's why everyone should be using the terminology that hotels and cruises use: counting by number of nights. It's a two-night cruise: half-day with one night, full-day with the second night, half-day and leave. That's two nights. Calling it "three days," like some vlog sites do, only creates confusion.

_caleb1 day ago

durangojim2 days ago

Any speculation on how much time a guest will actually be spending in the hotel for those 2 nights? If it’s like a cruise then I could see not being able to access the rooms until 12 and having to depart the ship by 8am or check in at 3 and leave at 11. Either way it seems like it will be less than 48 hours.

Touchdown2 days ago

Because when I travel to Florida, I know my vacation isn’t complete without a swim in an indoor pool... Just stop humoring him, it’s getting to walking up the ramp on the falcon and TTA is becoming rocket rods level annoying.

UNCgolf2 days ago

Me too. I think too many people are still thinking of it as a standard Disney resort with a Star Wars theme and not really grasping the overall concept. They also seem unaware of how small it actually is.

GimpYancIent2 days ago

I am surprised with all the concerns about a pool? I would imagine there would be a greater interest in the projected interactive dining experience while on board Halcyon. Something that at one time was to be part of Galaxy's Edge but did not happen then forecasted to be part of Star Wars Galactic Cruiser experience.