Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Reopening Set for Late July 2024 at Walt Disney World

May 21, 2024 in "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith"

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster closed for refurbishment February 2024
Posted: Tuesday May 21, 2024 9:46am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

According to the official Walt Disney World calendar, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios will reopen to guests on July 27, 2024.

The Aerosmith-themed rollercoaster closure began on January 8, 2024. Disney has also confirmed that the closure is a routine refurbishment, and no changes will be made to the theme.

A permit has been filed for the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster project with Adena Corporation. Adena has worked on several Disney projects, including TRON Lightcycle Run and recent work on the EPCOT redevelopment. Adena was also the contractor on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster's three-month-long refurbishment in the first half of 2023.

The ride has been experiencing extended downtimes in recent years, and this refurbishment likely addresses some of those issues and continues the progress made in 2023.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

wdwmagic3 days ago

Info on RnR has always been very hard to come by. Based on the last couple of refurbs, it tends to just open when it's ready. I would expect something similar this time, but the goal is end of July.

sjf42913 days ago

Which is why I asked on here, so I could get information I trust! The first was from a cast member over chat, which I have seen a screenshot of, so not completely misinformed!

JoeCamel3 days ago

Pretty sure Olivia Rodrigo said something to someone sometime......

sjf42914 days ago

Just out of curiosity has anyone heard any updates? I've read recently that cast members have said this date is now delayed and apparently another cast member told someone opening date is now delayed just to a recent announcement that they are re-theming the ride. I know it's all rumours so I thought I'd come here for information I actually trust. We visit end of August so hoping original opening date still goes ahead! 😊

DCBaker27 days ago

While the website hasn't been updated with the reopening date, hours are now posted for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starting July 27:

EricsBiscuitMay 21, 2024

Great choice. The family suites there are a great deal. Enjoy!

ToTBellHopMay 21, 2024

Footage from today’s testing. As you can see, we are almost there.

TomboyJanetMay 21, 2024

Sounds like a rollercoaster tycoon breakdown :cool:

nestface84May 21, 2024

I booked through a UK company so doubt I could get the same opportunity. I’m staying at Disney music and looking forward to it. Going with my kids for 1st time. Hope you have a great time

UnbansheeMay 21, 2024

Check out the My Disney Experience app and report back to us

StupidoMay 21, 2024

As always, the credit goes to an incredible cast member. Disney emailed me telling me there was a special offer for our upcoming stay, and to check MDE to see the details. When nothing showed up in my account, I called the number provided and got connected to an incredible cast member. She wasn't seeing anything on her end either, so she got in touch with Guest Services. 20 minutes later, she was back on the line and told me it appeared to be a "glitch in the system", but had 3 different offers depending on what our trip entailed. She asked what our plans were, I gave her a bit of a rundown, and the next thing I knew we were booked at Caribbean Beach!

MaxDrake79May 21, 2024

But isn't there a chance it will open before July 27? Or if they announce a date, they don't change it?

DisneyRZMay 21, 2024

All these blogs followed suit after ToTBellHop, kudos.🎆 But I'm doubling down on this weekend. The calendar on the website does not show times past July 20th. If it's actually this Saturday, July 27th would be the preset day that they didn't need it on the futures calendar anymore.

nestface84May 21, 2024

How did you manage to get that upgrade. Well done