Shade Structure Added to New EPCOT World Celebration Flex Space

May 23, 2024 in "EPCOT"

Rose Walk area construction - May 23, 2024
Posted: Thursday May 23, 2024 10:00am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Construction continues on EPCOT''s new flex space along the former rose walk with the addition of support columns for a shade structure.

On the ground, the concrete is complete, and work is wrapping on the landscaping.

The area is expected to become home to more Festival kiosks and events.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Rhinocerous3 hours ago

Men of Bob's vintage and station don't wear jeans. They wear dungarees.

MisterPenguin10 hours ago

Like so many of the guests, especially, men. Never understood that. Especially since the white T-shirt is a quintessential part of a man's wardrobe. And yet... black. Or very dark blue. With jeans, which are oh, so light and airy.

Ayla10 hours ago

Wearing all black...🥵

Bocabear10 hours ago

I wonder if he missed the beautiful new fountain and the Wishing Tree... I wonder if he liked the dry and odd female anatomy planter as the centerpiece of the area....

Skibum19701 day ago

Sorry, I thought that you meant that Iger took one look and ran for his jet back to Burbank. Not that he got confused as to which one was a terminal and which Communicore Hall.

Brian1 day ago

Indeed he does fly in one of the company's jets, but that wouldn't work for the joke that Communicore Hall looks like an airport terminal.

Skibum19701 day ago

With a private or corporate jet (no way he flew first class), I'm not sure that he has to worry about a gate like us. Typically, the car takes him right to the jet or very close.

Brian1 day ago

Probably started looking for his gate for his flight back to Burbank.

CJR1 day ago

Could be why the banners got put back up a couple weeks ago. I'm glad he got to walk it during the daylight, since that makes up the majority of the operating day. He was probably reminded that there is no festival right now multiple times. Still, the heat is on, even if it's not peak heat, so I'm glad he got to feel it, at least. I bet they tried to get him to come for the fireworks.

aladdin20071 day ago

probably praised it all because his teams did, he doesn't know any different, Eisner was more on it that way,

lazyboy97o1 day ago

Probably unaware that what he wanted was worse for most people in the park.

𝕴𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖗971 day ago

I wonder how he reacted when he walked inside...

DCBaker1 day ago

Looks like Bob Iger also made it to EPCOT today:

aladdin20071 day ago

Will be interesting to see if this comes to be, it looks like a charming attraction that would fit in well in WS despite more ip cramming. But if they nuke it and cut it all down to a lesser cheapo even shorter version, I'd say don't bother.