World Celebration construction at EPCOT

Mar 22, 2021 in "EPCOT"

World Celebration Construction - March 19 2021
Posted: Monday March 22, 2021 8:39am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Work continues at EPCOT on reworking the former Innoventions East and Mouse Gear into the new center of the upcoming World Celebration.

Crews continue with installing new angled glass panels on the exterior of the new merchandise location.

A lot of work is also taking place on the roof, which looks to have new coverings.

The breezeway has seen a lot of work, with new ceilings and glass panels on either side.

The former Electric Umbrella area will become home to new food and beverage location including a Starbucks, quick serve and Coca Cola.

No word yet on when we can expect any of this to open, but we understand there is a priority on reopening the merchandise location as soon as possible.

Click the gallery to see more pictures.

TikibirdLand4 days ago

Hey! they're not just pushing dirt around. As I pointed out in an earlier post, that's the new attraction: Moana: Journey of Dirt. If that's successful, they'll be selling tickets to the new Land of Moana. They'll be caterpillars, graders, dump trucks and even cement trucks to drive. And, if you get lucky, you might get to help smooth out some newly poured cement. Meet-and-Greet will be with Bob The Builder.

Sir_Cliff4 days ago

I guess there is some analogy in there about Disney spending huge amounts of time and money to knock down the Communicore building on the promise they would build a new, modern Epcot, only to leave the centre of the park a disaster zone for years on end where they just push around the dirt before finally conceding that in the best case scenario they can leave behind a lawn that is at least preferable to the current mess.

SteveAZee4 days ago

Lysdexia.

MisterPenguin4 days ago

Just hope that no one accidentally says your activation code aloud.

TikibirdLand4 days ago

I don't know why I keep reading that as Taliban.

SteveAZee4 days ago

Tabilion™️

mightynine4 days ago

I'd imagine the lead time on a product like that means the table was still, um, on the table when it was sent to be manufactured. I wouldn't read that much into it.

MisterPenguin5 days ago

It may be resurrected. Which is why WDW switched from a less ambitious Festival Center to a "festival area." That would allow Tabilion to still get built.

James Alucobond5 days ago

I do find it interesting that, if the table is totally, uh, off the table, they haven’t scrubbed all references to it. Isn’t the pavilion logo supposed to be a stylized version of the table leg? It’s still showing up on merchandise like the puzzle at Creations.

Poseidon Quest5 days ago

If I had to guess? Probably more pathways and lawn space for food booths.

Cmdr_Crimson5 days ago

I'm not sure this has been asked..But, are they going to be bringing back the old logo on the pavement that was in the plaza? I didn't notice that it was ripped out until recently..

Disstevefan113 days ago

Pathways, planters and astroturf….

ChrisFL13 days ago

As we all know, the repaving and updating of the old Communicore West building and main fountain area seems to be taking a long time, even by pandemic standards. Since it seems we're no longer getting the elevated table/egg whatever you want to call it, I wonder what their plans for that part of the area are.

sedati16 days ago

Is the entrance great? Or is it the unique view the entrance (and only the entrance) offers.