Walkway and restrooms reopen in EPCOT's World Nature

Jun 17, 2023 in "EPCOT"

World Nature walkway and restrooms reopen
Posted: Saturday June 17, 2023 7:20pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The former Future World West restrooms and nearby walkway have reopened in World Nature at EPCOT.

The restrooms have been closed for a lengthy period as construction continues around CommuniCore Hall and Plaza.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

rd80525 minutes ago

TBH - they both suck and lack the Disney extra touch.

Chef idea Mickey`=38 minutes ago

I love the right. The left looks like a warehouse. They both can look like college campus halls but the Grey's is bland..why not colored chairs and tables to go with the flags..? Speaking of warehouses and college campus that fits well with Big Hero 6, bring back Baymax!!!!

UNCgolf38 minutes ago

I don't think it's hard to understand why people are excited about/happy with the current EPCOT -- it's certainly better than what's been there for most of this century, and that's all many people ever experienced. I think it's still significantly worse essentially across the board than the EPCOT that existed at its best (the attraction lineup today is much weaker and probably has less capacity too, for one), but EPCOT at its height was the best theme park I've ever seen. That's a high bar to clear, and no other park (Disney or non-Disney) has done it -- and it's also been gone for nearly 30 years.

mightynine41 minutes ago

Who wore it better?

Chef idea Mickey`=42 minutes ago

My defense is only off what has become with the exterior. Had they upgraded everything on the insides makes sense. It was supposed to be updated a park within a theme park, not a college campus park. Ouch I wonder if Epic Universe bringing a park back into a park is a let's show you how it's suppose to be done! 😵

wdwmagic48 minutes ago

No word on that yet. I was hoping/expecting it to be done with CommuniCore Plaza.

James Alucobond49 minutes ago

The bridge, parts of World Nature, Imagination, and the rhomboid checkerboard at the front of World Discovery still need help. And if they get to the bridge, they should mirror the planters on the east side over on the west side where the secondary splash pad used to be.

Henry Mystic50 minutes ago

Do you know if they intend to replace that area? I was thinking about that last time I was there that they’d probably address it at some point, but if not that’s unfortunate.

Chef idea Mickey`=52 minutes ago

You face the stage toward the hub, however I read heard it was built in that matter for if it's too sunny in view they could switch the show the other direction and the audience would have a covering. I'm not sure if that is actually true or not. You mean adding life to you means the stage performances at you when in your standing in the center?

wdwmagic53 minutes ago

Yes the pavement upgrades throughout have been a big plus. However, there is a large section that has been untouched on the bridge to World Showcase from World Celebration - and it really looks rough.

Henry Mystic54 minutes ago

I don't know about anyone else, but I also adore the pavement changes at EPCOT. It makes it feel that much more premium.

James Alucobond55 minutes ago

Plenty of places looked like this in the 90s. Just because they took 30 years to change anything doesn't make it especially unique. Electric Umbrella looked like a 90s theater vestibule. Mouse Gear looked like an Imaginarium store from a 90s mall. Innoventions looked like a series of exhibits from a 90s children's museum or a state fair. This is not a defense of what we got; it's just a reality check on what was there before.

Chef idea Mickey`=1 hour ago

You knew you was at Epcot, and it's the only place in the world that looked like this. It had kinetic energy. Why on earth would I want to pay a hundred dollars for a space that looks like my community college where I could just go there and it's free and that's a compliment to my campus because it use to be a navy space and had no fountains and is dull itself. To me is like Epic Universe is doing the World Celebration that Epcot was supposed to upgrade (concept art 2017 hence) become but didn't except far far superior!*

Skibum19701 hour ago

So, this isn't really a Future World question and is more World Showcase. On Google maps, there is a cleared area between Germany and the canal next to China. Was that just a staging area or was that something that has since been cancelled? I know people talk about a Brazilian pavilion but that would also have been a great place for a Germany ride. I'm not suggesting that they are building a ride but just wondered about that cleared area.