Nighttime entertainment falls off the schedule at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Dec 01, 2021 in "Disney Movie Magic"

Posted: Wednesday December 1, 2021 7:07am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The "Disney Movie Magic"and "Wonderful World of Animation" projection shows have both fallen off the schedule at Disney's Hollywood Studios beginning today.

"Disney Movie Magic" returned to the park on November 7 2021, and "Wonderful World of Animation" returned on August 2 2021.

It isn't clear if the shows are no longer going be performed, if there is work required on the projection system, or if it is an issue with the online schedule.

Sunset Seasons Greetings, part of the holiday entertainment, continues as normal.

Nick_A19 minutes ago

The costumes are pretty ugly, but no one in a call center dresses up like that haha.

Kevin_W47 minutes ago

Agree - these costumes are horrible.

James Alucobond4 days ago

They're not great, but you've obviously never been in a call center. You might be onto something if they had Snuggies draped over their costumes.

Disone4 days ago

Well.... those new "costumes" look more like they work in a call in center, perhaps they've been trying to reach you about your cars extended warranty? I was prepared to not like the now VOL..... That said the singing itself was still excellent.

Thumper 324 days ago

The slow trickle of good news continues. Viva Gaia now has showtimes listed on the official website starting next week as well.

Prototype824 days ago

Coming from someone who can't stand IP in EPCOT... I LOVE that "Almost There" number!!! I hope the traditional costumes come back for a special occasion or the fourth though! They were too rich. :( Is Battle Hymn of the Republic in any of the new shows? Anyone who knows me on these forums knows that I hate change - but when a show is as long-running as this, change can be great! I'm okay with things getting a little modern as long as its patriotic and keeps some of the historic songs! Shenandoah always brings a tear to my eye. :)

TrainChasers4 days ago

Alright we’re on the same page then! So Battle Hymn and Hallelujah Chorus can stay, Penny speech and Solitary life out? I can live with it. :)

MisterPenguin4 days ago

Correct. I remember reading such things when they were passed around on mimeograph.

TrainChasers4 days ago

Ah ok. Or maybe I should say “I’m guessing you weren’t a fan of one solitary life” in the CP?

MisterPenguin4 days ago

You have indeed missed the point. I love the CP. Saw it three times this past December. And I stand for the Hallelujah Chorus like any person born of Western Civilization should!!

natatomic4 days ago

My theory is that it was guest who only ever heard VoL sing for that one show, and that was the only song in that particular set that mentioned God. I really have no idea though, but that’s the only thing I can think of that makes sense. I just don’t think they were regulars who were intimately familiar with their song list. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Nick_A4 days ago

I don’t know why they cut that part, but it seems odd to imply it’s because it mentions God, considering they still sing God Bless America. They also just finished performing a month long religious show that mentions God numerous times.

mikejs784 days ago

I think you completely missed his point.