Opening Date Announced For Country Bear Musical Jamboree at Walt Disney World

8 days ago in "Country Bear Jamboree"

Posted: Monday June 10, 2024 10:@1am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has announced that the new Country Bear Musical Jamboree will open to guests on July 17, 2024.

The new show will feature fresh twangin’ interpretations of treasured Disney songs in different genres of country music including bluegrass, pop-country, Americana, rockabilly and more.

Paying homage to the musical revues of Nashville, Walt Disney Imagineering worked with some of the best in country music, including country legend and 10-time Country Music Awards “Musician of the Year” Mac McAnally. For the voice of the beloved bear, Trixie St. Claire, country singer Emily Ann Roberts added her twangy vocals to “Try Everything” from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Zootopia.” Singer-songwriter Allison Russel and musician Chris Thile shared their talents for Wendell and Teddi Barra’s sweet rendition of “A Whole New World.” On top of debuting an all-new setlist, the bears will don some new threads worthy of the epic comeback they are making.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

MisterPenguin40 minutes ago

Glad you're finally getting on board with that!!

𝕴𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖗9744 minutes ago

We won't tolerate your off-topic, inappropriate questions!

dreamfinding49 minutes ago

Simple question. Not trying to start stuff.

dreamfinding50 minutes ago

Seems like an odd choice, especially since DLR removed the Zip reference in Magic Happens.

MisterPenguin50 minutes ago

That's off topic for this thread. Have a good evening.

dreamfinding53 minutes ago

Wait - did they remove the Brer Rabbit from One Man’s Dream in DHS?

Moth1 hour ago

I really think it being in the show is the surprise WDWMagic was teasing. I don't know if it is but it just clicks in my brain. Despite the obvious PR nightmare it'd bring.

MisterPenguin1 hour ago

All references to Song of the South are removed from the parks. Asking why leads to a discussion of racial politics not allowed on these forums. If you want to know more or debate that, send a private message to a moderator. Public discussion of moderation is not allowed.

bmr15911 hour ago

I still think Zip-a-dee-doo-dah makes the most sense.

Cmdr_Crimson2 hours ago

This could have worked and it had bears in it..

TrainsOfDisney4 hours ago

No, I’m not against it. I watched it. I like Jason Bateman from Arrested Development so that was an instant win haha. But movies like Moana and Encanto had WAY more memorable music.

James Alucobond4 hours ago

I suspect this is just anti-Zootopia bias (which I share, by the way). It's a non-musical film, but it's the primary sung song for the film, was originally recorded by a prominent artist, and was double- or triple-platinum, if I recall correctly.

TrainsOfDisney4 hours ago

Try everything is the definition of a lesser known song to me. I would have completely forgot about it.