Cirque du Soleil Chief Executive discusses reopening plans for Drawn to Life at Disney Springs

Apr 22, 2021 in "Cirque du Soleil"

New Cirque du Soleil show at Walt Disney World
Posted: Thursday April 22, 2021 10:25am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Cirque du Soleil Chief Executive Daniel Lamarre announced yesterday that several of the company's shows will return this summer in Las Vegas, but no date was given for "Drawn to Life" at Disney Springs.

"Drawn to Life,"  that was set to open in Spring 2020 at Disney Springs, and was just days away from opening when the COVID-19 shutdown began. Asked by the LA Times about "Drawn to Life," Lamarre said, "We should be able to open sometime in the fall."

We understand that limited rehearsals have been taking place among small groups of performers at the Cirque theater in Disney Springs.

This news comes in addition to Disney's January 1 "things to do in the new year" list, which listed Cirque du Soleil's Drawn to Life as coming later in 2021.

The show was originally planned to begin on March 20 2020, but was cancelled due to the arrival of COVID-19. Since then, Cirque du Soleil has gone through a turbulent period with mass layoffs and filing for bankruptcy.

Here is the mention in the "21 Ways to Kick Off 2021 with Magic at Walt Disney World Resort" press release from Disney in January:

Get Excited for Even More Magic Later this Year – Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, the new family-friendly attraction coming to the France pavilion in EPCOT, will debut in 2021. And the new Cirque du Soleil show “Drawn to Life,” coming to Disney Springs, will be a collaboration between Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Animation Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering. More details about these experiences and other excitement happening around Walt Disney World will be released at a later date.

DznyGrlSD9 days ago

MorphinePrince9 days ago

Cirque mentioned in an article as recently as this month (I think), that they were still aiming for a fall re-opening. Going by previous press releases on resident show reopenings, it seems that there is about a 60 day lead time from the announcement to opening night. Theoretically, there is still time to announce an opening by October.

Richie2489 days ago

Wondering if this will be open in time for the 50th, was hoping that would be the case but we're about 60 days out and no news.

DznyGrlSD27 days ago

Sorry. I've been pestering Cirque's instagram posts and there's no news

ilovetotravel197728 days ago

Ha. When I saw a new post here I got REALLY excited LOL

DznyGrlSD28 days ago

DznyGrlSDJun 16, 2021

When I worked at La Nouba (YEARS ago) Disney ran the box office and if something like that came up, we - on a case by case basis - would issue refunds. Cirque will be running the box office for Drawn To Life so I can't say what their "policies" will be.

ilovetotravel1977Jun 15, 2021

When they announce, I really hope tickets don‘t go on sale until the fall. Canada is still locked down a d I am sure there are no refunds for tickets.

DznyGrlSDJun 15, 2021

Any updates? I know they've been training but do we have ANY timeline?

ilovetotravel1977May 14, 2021

I wonder if they will be inline with pre-covid prices? https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-springs/cirque-du-soleil.htm

DznyGrlSDMay 14, 2021

Any inkling on when they'll start selling tickets again?

Benjamin_NicholasMay 13, 2021

The cast has been training within their pods for the last several weeks. They're returning to dress status today. The show needs to be re-teched a little based on some additions.

ilovetotravel1977May 13, 2021

Hmm. okay. Maybe I will just assume I will need a credit card to purchase tickets online. Thanks!

wdwmagicMay 13, 2021

Small groups have been back for a while now doing rehearsals. So not sure if they are referring to the entire cast or not.