Disney appears to confirm that Cirque du Soleil's Drawn to Life will debut at Disney Springs in 2021

Jan 01, 2021 in "Cirque du Soleil"

New Cirque du Soleil show at Walt Disney World
Posted: Friday January 1, 2021 11:13am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney today released its annual "things to do in the new year" list and alongside Remy's Ratatouille Adventure,  Cirque du Soleil's Drawn to Life is slated as coming later in 2021.

The show was originally planned to begin on March 20 2020, but was cancelled due to the arrival of COVID-19. Since then, Cirque du Soleil has gone through a turbulent period with mass layoffs and filing for bankruptcy.

Here is the mention in the "21 Ways to Kick Off 2021 with Magic at Walt Disney World Resort" press release from Disney today:

Get Excited for Even More Magic Later this Year – Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, the new family-friendly attraction coming to the France pavilion in EPCOT, will debut in 2021. And the new Cirque du Soleil show “Drawn to Life,” coming to Disney Springs, will be a collaboration between Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Animation Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering. More details about these experiences and other excitement happening around Walt Disney World will be released at a later date.

DC07031 minute ago

Yes, since the beginning of the pandemic, unvaccinated people who refuse to wear masks and social distance are imposing their disease on others and ensuring that this pandemic continues.

GoofGoof37 minutes ago

On the map if cases get above 7 per 100,000 you go Orange. Right now that’s only 7 states left. However, when compared to the worst states the spread isn’t really comparable:

DisneyCane41 minutes ago

Crazy how fast it is "eating" into the northeast.

GoofGoof50 minutes ago

I don’t think they will walk it back, I think the reason the mask guidance for fully vaccinated people was revised for areas with high or substantial spread and not everywhere is because breakthrough infections are still rare. If it was a common occurrence they would have revised the guidance for everyone. The example given was that with 88% efficacy against symptomatic infection if there are 500,000 cases a week in total 440,000 will be in the unvaccinated population but there will be 60,000 cases in the vaccinated population. When we were averaging less than 35,000 cases a week in total and the vaccine efficacy was higher and closer to 95% less than 2,000 cases a week were in fully vaccinated people. So while the chance of breakthrough infection is still low the risk to fully vaccinated people increases as overall spread increases so in areas with high or substantial spread we all go back to masks indoors.

LittleBuford1 hour ago

Because a more vaccinated population offers far more overall protection than whatever small advantage there is to spacing out the doses. We’re talking an extra month of unnecessary delay, during which young people are mixing without masks or distancing. The policy made sense when there weren’t enough doses to go around; it no longer does. ETA: To clarify, I think a month’s gap makes more sense under the present circumstances. It follows the manufactures’ own recommendations (though the Pfizer shots are technically meant to be taken three weeks apart) and gets more people double vaccinated as soon as possible.

DisneyFan321 hour ago

Man, I have a feeling the Delta variant spread will be burned out by end of the month or early September. As the spread will be slow down by October.

Heelz23151 hour ago

I have a feeling they’re (CDC) is going to find out those who are vaccinated and may be spreading is a VERY small number. And mean small. Whether they walk the recommendations back is anyone’s guess

DisneyFan321 hour ago

How many months until the virus will getting low enough soon?

Flugell1 hour ago

I totally agree that getting as many people vaccinated as possible is absolutely the aim. However, if the article you posted is correct, we appear to have a surplus of vaccinations so why not wait till the optimum gap. If you mean use those doses to decrease gap till 6 weeks (for example) to avoid wastage then I agree wholeheartedly. Need to persuade more to have first dose!

hopemax1 hour ago

The frustrating thing is that it’s one thing to say, “I am going to wait to take a vaccine.” It’s another to live without other precautions, go on vacation, work on site, not tell friends so that they can take extra precautions when around you, etc. while you are waiting. There is no option to be unvaccinated and be safe from Covid. People just assume the bad thing won’t happen to them. Some guess very wrong.

GoofGoof1 hour ago

Yes, but as we all know masks and distancing can only reduce spread they will never stop the virus. The vaccine is way, way, way more effective at preventing spread. We only mask and distance in public. When I get home from work and my kids get home from school I take my mask off and I hug my kids. We don’t wear masks at home and distance from each other. So if one of us got infected without knowing we spread to each other. If we are all vaccinated the chances of us infecting each other goes way down. Masks and distancing are good tools to slow spread, especially now during a surge in cases, but they are no substitute for vaccination.

LittleBuford1 hour ago

I think getting as many people vaccinated as soon as possible should be the overriding priority. At any rate, I’m glad your son will receive his second shot soon.

Flugell1 hour ago

Yes, personally I would.

Flugell1 hour ago

I think it’s a difficult call. I want the best protection for my son and although it’s probably up for debate most research now says 8 weeks is the optimum time and that’s what he’s scheduled for. Second dose on Friday I think! I would support sharing vaccinations with anyone as long as it didn’t leave us short. London needs to step up and get the shots according to regional data! Only 60% of people have had first dose and 42% had second. In my town 84% have had first dose and 73% second dose, which I know will increase on Friday!!