Mounting positions in place on Cinderella Castle for the central 50th anniversary medallion

Apr 29, 2021 in "Cinderella Castle"

Mounts prepared for the 50th celebration medallion
Posted: Thursday April 29, 2021 1:45pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

With the Cinderella Castle 50th anniversary overlay almost complete, the only thing left still to install is the large 50th medallion over the clock face.

As you can see from these pictures, the mounts are now in position, made up of 4 tubes that will secure the 50th medallion in position.

And here is a look at concept art of what will be the finished look for the Magic Kingdom icon.

DoleWhipDrea10 days ago

Great, I'll never be able to unsee it... :banghead: I wonder if something got warped from the heat?

ImperfectPixie11 days ago

Very likely the mounts on the castle are dead on, and the ones on the back of the crest itself are off.

Captain Barbossa11 days ago

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the mounts are spot on and Disney screwed up the crest. Seems to be their style nowadays.

ImperfectPixie11 days ago

I dunno...that looks pretty dead-on to me. I really think the crest is crooked. Even the decorative molding on each side of the crest looks a little crooked.

Disstevefan111 days ago

I am hoping the person was just not directly in front of the castle and we are seeing an optical illusion. Worst case, no problem, just pull it off and replace the command strip. 😀

JoeCamel11 days ago

Take the castle crane and lift on the lower left support ever so gently........ Oh, I want video when they do it

Captain Barbossa11 days ago

@Splashin' Ryan hit the nail on the head. Due to the way that the mounts are installed on the castle, there’s no easy way to straighten the crest. But even if there was, they wouldn’t do it. It’s barely noticeable. No one is going to see it unless they’re standing up close (almost underneath it) while staring directly at the point. The 50 doesn’t look off at the slightest, even up close, and that’s the most important thing.

brb100611 days ago

Splashin' Ryan11 days ago

They won't be able to fix it. The piece was slid into supports that were installed months ago so the supports themselves are likely the ones causing the slight misalignment and therefore the supports would also need to be re drilled into the castle facade for a fix. https://blogmickey.com/2021/04/mounts-installed-on-cinderella-castle-for-disney-world-50th-anniversary-shield/

Elizabeth Swann11 days ago

And you can still see the stick thing on the top is tilted left

brb100611 days ago

Another angle

Andrew C11 days ago

It was dark outside. :hilarious:

Elizabeth Swann11 days ago

I am sure they will too I just think it is funny :)

Andrew C11 days ago

If so, I’m sure they will fix it.