More jabots and swags arrive at Cinderella Castle as part of the 50th decor

Mar 24, 2021 in "Cinderella Castle"

50th anniversary Cinderella Castle additions - March 23 2021
Posted: Wednesday March 24, 2021 11:00am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Installation of the 50th anniversary decorations at Cinderella Castle is continuing this week with more decor being added to both the east and west side.

The jabots are the long vertical pieces, and the swags are the more spread-out horizontal pieces.

Heading to the other side, there are 5 pieces installed on the eastern side facing Tomorrowland.

The work so far has all been doing using lifts that located in the drained moat below, but we expect to see a large crane be brought in to install some of the larger pieces that will be attached to the spires.

When complete there will be 113 pieces of new decor installed.

wdwmagic27 days ago

@danlb_2000 spotted the permit for the medallion over the weekend. https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/permits-2021.971445/post-9806785

MisterPenguin30 days ago

They were unhappier with the cost of repainting.

cookiee_munster31 days ago

Yes. it's this -

Amidala31 days ago

Really? This is so disappointing. I remember hearing a while back that TDO were unhappy with the way the pink turned out, had my fingers crossed the color would be painted over at some point after the 50th decorations had been taken down.

Brian31 days ago

Considering that last time they let the blue roofs fade to virtually grey, I wouldn't put it past them.

LittleMerman31 days ago

The proper term for me is "mess" but to each their own. Like I said before, it looks to me like they just threw a bunch of multicolored stuff on it, which they actually did.

MansionButler8431 days ago

Not until the 100th.

JoeCamel31 days ago

Never ever?

MansionButler8431 days ago

They’re not painting again.

BocabearMay 13, 2021

I think the roof change helped a bit... It is still Golden Girls Mauve which is wrong for the whole character and idea of the castle....If this were being done for Disneyland's 50th, making all the castles worldwide look like Sleeping Beauty's Castle, it might make sense, but when it is the 50th Celebration for WDW's original castle and park it seems like it was just a bad idea. Maybe for Disneyland's 70th they will paint Sleeping Beauty Castle gray ...to look more like the WDW Castle. With Advanced imaging and computers, they could have had a better idea of what it would look like before it was done... Get rid of the peeling rocks in Tomorrowland and bring back the Gull-wing waterfalls from 1971... Give Tomorrowland it's WOW entrance.

JoeCamelMay 13, 2021

They changed the roofs, I think that's all we get

Giss NericMay 13, 2021

I don't think it's a mess. The proper term is it look busy. Maybe taking down the buntings will solve it. The gems and the gold wraparounds are lovely.

DoleWhipDreaMay 13, 2021

Didn't an insider here say that the paint job didn't come out as they expected and they weren't all that happy about it? I think it was alluded that it might get changed.

Parker in NYCMay 11, 2021

God willing. But in a world where Disney allows the rocks at the Tomorrowland hub entrance to continue flaking...