Magic Kingdom Vice President Jason Kirk clarifies a few details surrounding the Cinderella Castle makeover

Feb 20, 2020 in "Cinderella Castle"

Posted: Thursday February 20, 2020 9:50am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Magic Kingdom Vice President Jason Kirk has taken to the official Disney Parks Blog to clarify a few points regarding the upcoming makeover of Cinderella Castle.

One of the main concerns from guests has been that the castle may be covered in construction scrims and scaffolding. In regard to that, Jason said in a blog comment, "While temporary construction equipment may be present while Cinderella Castle receives its royal makeover, it will remain uncovered and we will do our best to ensure guests are still able to capture special photos and memories in this iconic spot."

In regard to timelines, Jason confirmed an imminent start to the project, "Our work is expected to begin in the coming weeks and be complete before the end of summer."

180º3 days ago

For real. I’ll applaud Zach if he ever posts evidence of a currently employed Imagineer touching a piece of real paper!

JoeCamel3 days ago

They sent a man to the moon with those computers, how far we've fallen...

lazyboy97o3 days ago

This is like Pixar bragging that they animate with computers.

MansionButler843 days ago

That explains why they have not been able to adorn the castle with anything until now. They didn’t have the technology to do so until now.

Animaniac93-983 days ago

Said castle was originally built without the aid of computers. 😮

MansionButler843 days ago

You don’t want to applaud The Zach and his team for using something fancy called a “computer” to ensure that the new decorations actually fit the castle?

tirian3 days ago

Well, you knew he was going to post something insipid. ;) (Zach, not @DCBaker.)

tirian3 days ago

Like Japan! Yes! Please!

PSM3 days ago

Wow, the castle looks amazing in those photos posted in the article on here a couple days ago. Honestly, it makes the grey and blue version before the pink reimagining look bland and boring. I can't wait to see it in person!

mnelson34 days ago

Guess we will see but I hope they add the decorations and ribbons to the turrets in front of the castle. That wouldn’t require the crane though so maybe that will come at a later time?

jrhwdw4 days ago

Not since MSEP left in 2016 I believe,. There's no reason it can't cyle now and up to 10 or 5 minutes before Fireworks when those return!

peter114354 days ago

The castle lighting hasn’t just cycled for many years

Brad Bishop4 days ago

I like it. It's almost gaudy (but, IMO, it's not). I weigh that out with: "Yeah, it's supposed to be over the top as it's the 50th!". If they left this stuff up and it was the 55th I'd be more in the camp of, "This really needs to go away, now." The "rose gold" (kinda pink) doesn't bother me. One thing, and I bet I'm in the minority here, I'd like to see is for them to go back to the original colors and, instead of having the LED floodlights set to "cycle" (which always bothered me - it makes no sense. It's not telling a story), just have them set to white as the original castle lit up at night (in white) was really majestic to me. Different LED colors for different events like Halloween, Independence Day, or Christmas? No problems. Having them just cycle? (Maybe they no longer do that - I haven't been in ≈5 years) it makes no sense and is distracting.

DCBaker4 days ago