Large 50th anniversary decoration piece now in-place at Cinderella Castle

Mar 19, 2021 in "Cinderella Castle"

50th anniversary Cinderella Castle additions - March 19 2021
Posted: Friday March 19, 2021 2:22pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The largest so-far of the 50th anniversary castle embellishments is now in position on Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom.

Located on the eastern side towards Tomorrowland, the new piece is draped around one of the turrets.

This brings the total to four pieces on this side of the castle.

Over on the other side, there are now three pieces in position.

The new-look Cinderella Castle will be completed in time for the 18 month "World's Most Magical Celebration' that begins October 1 2021.

After dark, the castle will become a Beacon of Magic with nighttime illumination.

wdwmagic27 days ago

@danlb_2000 spotted the permit for the medallion over the weekend. https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/permits-2021.971445/post-9806785

MisterPenguin30 days ago

They were unhappier with the cost of repainting.

cookiee_munster31 days ago

Yes. it's this -

Amidala31 days ago

Really? This is so disappointing. I remember hearing a while back that TDO were unhappy with the way the pink turned out, had my fingers crossed the color would be painted over at some point after the 50th decorations had been taken down.

Brian31 days ago

Considering that last time they let the blue roofs fade to virtually grey, I wouldn't put it past them.

LittleMerman31 days ago

The proper term for me is "mess" but to each their own. Like I said before, it looks to me like they just threw a bunch of multicolored stuff on it, which they actually did.

MansionButler8431 days ago

Not until the 100th.

JoeCamel31 days ago

Never ever?

MansionButler8431 days ago

They’re not painting again.

Bocabear31 days ago

I think the roof change helped a bit... It is still Golden Girls Mauve which is wrong for the whole character and idea of the castle....If this were being done for Disneyland's 50th, making all the castles worldwide look like Sleeping Beauty's Castle, it might make sense, but when it is the 50th Celebration for WDW's original castle and park it seems like it was just a bad idea. Maybe for Disneyland's 70th they will paint Sleeping Beauty Castle gray ...to look more like the WDW Castle. With Advanced imaging and computers, they could have had a better idea of what it would look like before it was done... Get rid of the peeling rocks in Tomorrowland and bring back the Gull-wing waterfalls from 1971... Give Tomorrowland it's WOW entrance.

JoeCamelMay 13, 2021

They changed the roofs, I think that's all we get

Giss NericMay 13, 2021

I don't think it's a mess. The proper term is it look busy. Maybe taking down the buntings will solve it. The gems and the gold wraparounds are lovely.

DoleWhipDreaMay 13, 2021

Didn't an insider here say that the paint job didn't come out as they expected and they weren't all that happy about it? I think it was alluded that it might get changed.

Parker in NYCMay 11, 2021

God willing. But in a world where Disney allows the rocks at the Tomorrowland hub entrance to continue flaking...