More ribbons and jewels adorn the spires of Cinderella Castle as preparations for Disney World's 50th continue

30 days ago in "Cinderella Castle"

50th anniversary Cinderella Castle additions - April 15 2021
Posted: Thursday April 15, 2021 2:27pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Work on transforming Cinderella Castle for the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary is continuing at a rapid pace in the Magic Kingdom.

The majority of the spires are now covered in the golden ribbons.

In addition to the spire ribbons, we are also now seeing some jewels added to the turrets.

When complete there will be 113 pieces of new decor installed, and it all officially gets unveiled on October 1 2021.

Looking at the concept art below there isn't far to go until the project is complete.

Click the gallery to see more pictures of the new additions at Cinderella Castle.

MisterPenguin1 day ago

They were unhappier with the cost of repainting.

cookiee_munster1 day ago

Yes. it's this -

Amidala1 day ago

Really? This is so disappointing. I remember hearing a while back that TDO were unhappy with the way the pink turned out, had my fingers crossed the color would be painted over at some point after the 50th decorations had been taken down.

Brian2 days ago

Considering that last time they let the blue roofs fade to virtually grey, I wouldn't put it past them.

LittleMerman2 days ago

The proper term for me is "mess" but to each their own. Like I said before, it looks to me like they just threw a bunch of multicolored stuff on it, which they actually did.

MansionButler842 days ago

Not until the 100th.

JoeCamel2 days ago

Never ever?

MansionButler842 days ago

They’re not painting again.

Bocabear2 days ago

I think the roof change helped a bit... It is still Golden Girls Mauve which is wrong for the whole character and idea of the castle....If this were being done for Disneyland's 50th, making all the castles worldwide look like Sleeping Beauty's Castle, it might make sense, but when it is the 50th Celebration for WDW's original castle and park it seems like it was just a bad idea. Maybe for Disneyland's 70th they will paint Sleeping Beauty Castle gray ...to look more like the WDW Castle. With Advanced imaging and computers, they could have had a better idea of what it would look like before it was done... Get rid of the peeling rocks in Tomorrowland and bring back the Gull-wing waterfalls from 1971... Give Tomorrowland it's WOW entrance.

JoeCamel2 days ago

They changed the roofs, I think that's all we get

Giss Neric2 days ago

I don't think it's a mess. The proper term is it look busy. Maybe taking down the buntings will solve it. The gems and the gold wraparounds are lovely.

DoleWhipDrea3 days ago

Didn't an insider here say that the paint job didn't come out as they expected and they weren't all that happy about it? I think it was alluded that it might get changed.

Parker in NYC4 days ago

God willing. But in a world where Disney allows the rocks at the Tomorrowland hub entrance to continue flaking...

Touchdown4 days ago

I do love that clock. But a 50 has to go somewhere and it’s the least worst choice.