First spire ribbon installed at Cinderella Castle

3 days ago in "Cinderella Castle"

First ribbon installed on the spire of Cinderella Castle - April 7 2021

Overnight the Cinderella Castle transformation team installed the first of the ribbons that will cover each of the spires on the Magic Kingdom icon.

The first of the ribbons to be placed is located on one of the lower spires, on the western side nearest to Liberty Square.

Unlike the lower decorations that were added with a high reach boom lift, the ribbons are requiring the use of a full scale crane which is parked behind the castle and hidden during the daytime.

When complete there will be 113 pieces of new decor installed, and it all officially gets unveiled on October 1 2021.

Click the gallery to see more pictures of the new additions at Cinderella Castle.

Article Posted: Apr 07, 2021 / 2:28pm ET

SpectroMan938 hours ago

They’re moving quickly with ribbon installation. More photos are on that one site.

hosekiller1 day ago

So far, the ribbons don’t look bad.....most of the time. They kinda change color with the lighting, and when they look good, they look great. But there were a couple of times they looked kinda dull. After seeing it in person, I don’t mind the decorations.

brihow1 day ago

I agree - but I also appreciate that the ribbons are a completely different look and that they aren't just repeating themselves.

Brian1 day ago

I preferred the crowns, despite their "over the top" appearance, because each of them were unique. You can tell that they really put a lot of thought into the design of each of them, and into what they represented. Meanwhile, they wrap Cinderella Castle in some fake ribbons.

Brenthodge1 day ago

Agree. And the bedazzled Disneyland crowns look like a crafter went crazy with a glue gun and a few pounds of sequins.

hosekiller1 day ago

In person it definitely changes based on lighting conditions. Sometimes it looks okay, other times it looks pretty bad 🤷🏻‍♂️

G00fyDad1 day ago

That cannot be a glass shading effect. There are dark pink in both light and shadowed sections.

JoeCamel1 day ago

The light and shadow show as different colors, I think it has glass or something in it.

WillWrambles1 day ago

Am I the only one who sees two entirely different shades of pink on the castle in this picture?

dreday31 day ago

I'm pretty sure the concept art showed ribbons on most, if not all, of the turrets.

Edward Jackson1 day ago

They will keep going and going and going!!! Eventually, it will look like a giant ball of ribbon.

disreport1 day ago

Wait....what's going on with the pink in this pic?

cookiee_munster1 day ago

I'm glad the roofs have been painted a different shade now, but will always have an issue with just how shiny and plastic they look. I thought the fact that they were one solid colour just really emphasized the fact that it really is a fake castle. But I thought painting each shingle on the roof would be a ridiculous and arduous task! They'd never do anything like that! Far too much work! And then, last night I saw this - ho-hum... :confused: The Paris castle still remains the most beautiful Disney castle that's in any of the parks.

peter114351 day ago

Official photos are usually taken in the morning light because they are generally taken before or after park opening