Moat refilled around Cinderella Castle as Disney World 50th anniversary decoration work wraps up

May 03, 2021 in "Cinderella Castle"

Moat refilled at Cinderella Castle - May 2021
Posted: Monday May 3, 2021 9:11am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The moat around Cinderella Castle has been refilled as work on installing the 50th anniversary decor wraps up.

All of the cranes and lifts have been removed, including the large crane that was closing the walkway behind the castle.

The only piece remaining to be installed is the 50th medallion that is expected to be installed at the very last minute ahead of the Oct 1 celebration.

The 18th month Walt Disney World 50th anniversary celebrations begins October 1 2021.

DoleWhipDrea3 days ago

Great, I'll never be able to unsee it... :banghead: I wonder if something got warped from the heat?

ImperfectPixie5 days ago

Very likely the mounts on the castle are dead on, and the ones on the back of the crest itself are off.

Captain Barbossa5 days ago

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the mounts are spot on and Disney screwed up the crest. Seems to be their style nowadays.

ImperfectPixie5 days ago

I dunno...that looks pretty dead-on to me. I really think the crest is crooked. Even the decorative molding on each side of the crest looks a little crooked.

Disstevefan15 days ago

I am hoping the person was just not directly in front of the castle and we are seeing an optical illusion. Worst case, no problem, just pull it off and replace the command strip. 😀

JoeCamel5 days ago

Take the castle crane and lift on the lower left support ever so gently........ Oh, I want video when they do it

Captain Barbossa5 days ago

@Splashin' Ryan hit the nail on the head. Due to the way that the mounts are installed on the castle, there’s no easy way to straighten the crest. But even if there was, they wouldn’t do it. It’s barely noticeable. No one is going to see it unless they’re standing up close (almost underneath it) while staring directly at the point. The 50 doesn’t look off at the slightest, even up close, and that’s the most important thing.

brb10065 days ago

Splashin' Ryan5 days ago

They won't be able to fix it. The piece was slid into supports that were installed months ago so the supports themselves are likely the ones causing the slight misalignment and therefore the supports would also need to be re drilled into the castle facade for a fix. https://blogmickey.com/2021/04/mounts-installed-on-cinderella-castle-for-disney-world-50th-anniversary-shield/

Elizabeth Swann5 days ago

And you can still see the stick thing on the top is tilted left

brb10065 days ago

Another angle

Andrew C5 days ago

It was dark outside. :hilarious:

Elizabeth Swann5 days ago

I am sure they will too I just think it is funny :)

Andrew C5 days ago

If so, I’m sure they will fix it.