Following on from Disney's announcement of the major redevelopment project set to take place at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, details are now emerging on the operational impacts during the work.
Work is expected to last for two years, with Martinique and Barbados islands to become unavailable from May 2017.
Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale and Banana Cabana Pool Bar will be closed during some of the refurbishment, beginning May 2017.
Temporary dining options will include:
- A Caribbean-style buffet for breakfast and a la carte offerings for dinner.
- A selection of grab-and-go meals available for purchase throughout the day in three island markets in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the resort.
- In-room pizza delivery will remain available. The menu includes pizza, sandwiches and pasta.
- Coca-Cola Freestyle machines will be available throughout the resort for Guests to refill their resort mugs.
- A new quick service location will open near Trinidad island this summer, featuring a walk-up quick service window as well as Guest services assistance in the evenings.
The main Fuentes del Morro Pool and the resort's leisure pools will continue to remain available.
Disney is providing guests with a $25 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of a stay at check-in.
Disney has indicated that the Caribbean Beach Resort will be reimagined with new additions to the resort’s current marketplace, Centertown, including new waterfront dining and retail shopping areas. This centralized location will offer the resort’s guests more convenient access to services, amenities and dining.
Feb 24, 2017 / 3:01pm EST