Disney's Art of Animation Resort was announced on 12 May 2010
The new resort will feature quality family suites designed around four unique themes: The Lion King, Finding Nemo, Cars and The Little Mermaid.
Located adjacent to Disney’s Pop Century Resort, the new resort will include 1,120 family suites in The Lion King, Cars and Finding Nemo wings, and 864 themed rooms in The Little Mermaid wings - for a total of almost 2,000 new units.
Suites will feature both a living room and a bedroom, offering added space for families.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, the 26th resort at Walt Disney World, will be one-of-a-kind, with themed building exteriors and room interiors, and larger-than-life icons from the animated films in the courtyard areas. Walt Disney World Resort currently features 25 uniquely themed, Disney owned-and-operated resort hotels with more than 26,000 guest rooms. The new resort is expected to create more than 800 construction jobs, beginning immediately.
All of the themed suites and rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort are expected to open by the end of 2012.
Video tour of Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Number of Rooms:
- Opening Dates: Finding Nemo suites May 31 2012, Cars suites June 18 2012, Lion King suites August 10 2012, Little Mermaid rooms September 15 2012.
- Resort Area: Wide World of Sports area
- Resort Category: Value
- Resort Map
1120 suites, 864 rooms
- Finding Nemo, Cars, the Lion King
Rooms - the Little Mermaid
Video tour of suites
Check In/Check Out:
Check in 3:00 PM, check out 11:00 AM
Room Types and Sizes
Family suites are 565 sq ft and accomodate 6 guests in 2 bathrooms, master bedroom, and 3 separate sleeping areas. The master bedroom features a queen size bed, with the living area featuring a full size sleeper sofa and full size Inova TableBed that converts from a table to bed. The kitchenette includes a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. 2 LCD TV's are included, and the suites buildings all have interior corridors.
Value rooms are 277 sq ft and sleep 4 in rooms with either 2 double size, or 1 king size bed.
Room floor plan diagrams
Room Rates (2012)
Landscape of Flavors quick servce food court, features 606 indoor dining area and outdoor seating.
The Drop Off pool bar
in the Finding Nemo section
$12.99 +tax available and refillable for the length of your stay at the food court
- The Big Blue Pool (11,859 sq ft pool and 29,400 sq ft of deck area) - Finding Nemo section
- Cozy Cone Pool (2498 sq ft pool and 6600 sq ft of deck area) - Cars section
- Flippin' Fins Pool (3464 sq ft pool and 7700 sq ft of deck area) - The Little Mermaid section
Pixel Play Arcade located in Animation Hall
- Righteous Reef playground in the FInding Nemo section
- The Schoolyard wet play area in the Finding Nemo section
- The Bone Yard playground in the Lion King section
Gift Shops: Ink and Paint Shop
Bus: Bus stops are located outside of Animation Hall