FASTPASS is a ride reservation system allowing guests to reserve timed entrance into popular rides with a minimal wait time. The service is free of charge and is available to all park guests.
Current FASTPASS attraction list (April 2011)
Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Peter Pan's Flight, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, "Mickey's PhilharMagic", Stitch's Great Escape!, Town Square Theater (separate FASTPASS for "Backstage Magic with Mickey Mouse" and "Disney's Storybook Princesses").
Test Track, Captain EO, Living With The Land, Maelstrom, Mission: SPACE, Soarin'
Disney's Hollywood Studios:
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Star Tours, "Voyage of the Little Mermaid," Toy Story Mania
Disney's Animal Kingdom:
DINOSAUR, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safaris, "It's Tough to be a Bug," Primeval Whirl, Expedition Everest
How it Works
Disney's FASTPASS is a revolutionary guest enhancement at Walt Disney World Resort enabling guests to have an alternative to waiting in lines for many of the most-popular attractions. There is no additional charge to use the FASTPASS service. Here’s how it works:
1. Ticketed guest or annual passholder enters the park main entrance gate.
2. Guest visits any attraction offering the FASTPASS service. Here, guest has the option of waiting in the regular standby line or choosing FASTPASS. To assist, there’s a digital clock denoting regular wait time and the return time for FASTPASS.
3. If the FASTPASS option is chosen, a guest inserts his or her theme park ticket into the FASTPASS machine. Out comes the free FASTPASS denoting when to return to the attraction. Holders of FASTPASS are given a one-hour window for their return -- for example, 10:05-11:05 a.m. That means the guest cannot enter the attraction using FASTPASS before 10:05 but is free to return at any time during the designated one-hour window.
4. Upon returning at the designated time, the guest heads straight for the FASTPASS entrance and proceeds directly to the attraction pre-show or boarding area with little or no wait.
5. Guests are able to get as many FASTPASS tickets in a day as they want. However, they must use their current FASTPASS ticket or wait two hours before getting another FASTPASS ticket.