Voyage into Harambe Village for a roaring summer celebration featuring the grandest tales and tastes of Africa.
Every Saturday, from June 7 to August 9, 2014, pay tribute to the 20th anniversary of Disney’s The Lion King at an all-inclusive extravaganza inside Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
The excitement kicks off with a warm welcome reception before moving into Harambe Theater for a private performance of the all-new show The Lion King: Concert in the Wild—complete with a special celebrity narrator and a live orchestra!
Then, once the show comes to a close, you’re invited to hit the streets for an exotic party where you can explore all sorts of sizzling seasonal fare, magical merchandise offerings and a series of Character appearances and artist signings.
Be sure to stick around as the night draws to a conclusion too and receive a fond farewell you won’t soon forget!
Harambe Nights Review
Read our in-depth review of Harambe Nights from the opening night.
Harambe Nights Celebrity Narrators
- June 7 – Viola Davis: “The Help,” “Ender’s Game”
- June 14 – Avery Brooks: "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"
- June 21 – Montego Glover: “The Following,” “Memphis”
- June 28 – David Alan Grier: “Porgy & Bess,” “In Living Color”
- July 5 – Michael Beach: “ER,” “Third Watch,” “Sons of Anarchy”
- July 12 – Harry Lennix: “The Blacklist,” “The Five Heartbeats”
- July 19 – Joe Morton: “Scandal,” “American Gangster,” “The Good Wife”
- July 26 – Alfre Woodard: “Desperate Housewives,” “Miss Evers Boys”
- August 2 – Patina Miller: “Pippin,” “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1”
- August 9 – Brian Stokes Mitchell: “Ragtime,” “Trapper John, M.D.,” “Glee”
Harambe Nights Schedule
- 7pm: Even starts with welcome reception
- 7:30pm: “The Lion King – Concert in the Wild” begins in Harambe Theatre
- 8:30pm: Harambe Nights Street Party and buffet
- 10:30pm: Event ends
Harambe Nights Food and Beverage
Harambe Nights pricing
Ticket prices are $119 for adults and $79 for children, plus tax. Premium seating is available for $134 for adults and $94 for children, plus tax.
No discounts are available. (Premium seating category sold out for all nights)
- A separate ticket is required to enter and participate in Harambe Nights.
- For more information on Harambe Nights—including booking a reservation—please call (407) 939-1319. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
- Theme park admission is included for the special event only. All attractions, entertainment and other offerings outside of the designated event area will not be available.
- If Guests wish to enjoy Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park prior to the event, additional theme park admission will be required.
- Advance reservations are highly recommended.
- Tickets purchased prior to the date of the event will be mailed in advance. If you do not receive your tickets in time, you can pick them up at the ticket windows near the Main Entrance of Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
- Entry to Harambe Nights begins at 7:00 PM with a welcome reception. Please plan on arriving at least 45 minutes prior to the start of the event to ensure you have time to park and enter Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
- A wristband is required to enter the special event. To retrieve your wristband, please show your event ticket at the Main Entrance. If you are already inside the park prior to the start of the event, you can show your ticket to a Cast Member at the entrance of Harambe Village instead to receive your wristband.
- Parking is complimentary during the event only, beginning at 4:00 PM.
Harambe Nights Announcement press release
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (May 2, 2014) – Harambe Nights, a dazzling theatrical production based on the beloved Disney classic film, “The Lion King,” and an energetic street party with gourmet dining will debut in June 2014 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Oscar-winning movie, it was announced today.
A 55-minute theatrical extravaganza, “The Lion King Concert in the Wild” comprises celebrity narrators, a live orchestra, choir and special effects to present the story of Simba’s coming of age like never before. A lively welcome reception and the post-show street party featuring Afro-pop rhythms, performers and a buffet of culinary creations keep the celebration rocking through the evening.
The theme park’s first-ever ticketed special event will welcome guests every Saturday from June 7 through August 9 to this memorable evening of theatrical storytelling, inspired dining, live music and dance amid the non-stop fun of an immersive street party.
It all begins with a welcome reception in the park’s Harambe Village where savory appetizers and a selection of refreshing wines and beers are on the menu.
Soon after, guests will find their seats waiting at the brand-new Harambe Theatre, where dramatic lighting, breathtaking scenic pieces and projection exclusive to this production will transport them to the African savanna. “The Lion King Concert in the Wild” show brings the humor and heart of the story to life by blending excerpts from the Disney classic film with stage theatrics. Each week, a celebrity narrator backed by a live orchestra will join a company of singers and dancers to recreate the drama of an African story circle. The lineup of narrators will include Viola Davis, David Alan Grier, Joe Morton and other noteworthy actors.
Beginning with the iconic birth-of-Simba scene and continuing through the show’s gripping climax, guests will be immersed in Simba’s journey to find his place as the Lion King. The guest narrator adds emotional perspective to the original tale inspired, in part, by African folklore and Shakespeare’s “Hamlet.”
As the show wraps, the celebration continues in Harambe Village to the tune of live Afro-pop rhythms. Dancers, costumed stilt-performers, puppets, popular characters from “The Lion King” and a DJ ratchet up the fun and encourage guests to participate in the street party.
The celebration will feature a culinary nod to Africa with multiple buffet stations of perfectly seasoned dishes for pairing with a selection of beers, wines and specialty beverages all included in the event admission. Soft drinks and water also are offered. Sweet bites of gourmet desserts under the stars and a special farewell experience will deliver a delicious ending to a magical evening.
Exclusive Lion King-themed merchandise and collectibles will be available to Harambe Nights guests. A limited-release case for iPhones 4 and 5 designed by Disney Design Group artist Randy Noble will feature imagery from “The Lion King,” and a 20th anniversary “The Lion King” puzzle will be offered. Other exclusive merchandise will include art and apparel.
General admission tickets for Harambe Nights run $119 ages 10 and up; $79 ages 9 and under. Premium floor seating tickets run $134 ages 10 and up; $94 ages 9 and under. The event runs from 7-10:30 p.m., and parking is complimentary.
To reserve tickets for Harambe Nights, guests can visit Disneyworld.com/HarambeNights or call 407-939-1319.