This summer, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be celebrating “Frozen,” the hit animated feature film from Disney, with a daily character procession, sing-alongs with Anna and Elsa, fireworks, and a nightly party featuring a live band, all themed to the worldwide phenomenon.
'Frozen Summer Fun - Live at Disney's Hollywood Studios' will be taking place from July 5 to September 28 2014.
Frozen Summer Fun Entertainment
- Anna’s & Elsa’s Royal Welcome: Each day at 11 a.m., Anna and Elsa, riding in a horse-drawn sleigh, will travel in a royal procession down Hollywood Boulevard. Rugged mountain man Kristoff is along for the fun joined by a flurry of skaters, skiers and ice cutters, all dressed in their Arendelle best.
- For The First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration: Inside the park’s Premiere Theater, Princess Anna and Queen Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a fun and comedic retelling of the history of their kingdom amidst projections, lighting and special effects. Guests will be invited to join in special sing-along moments from the film’s chart-topping soundtrack. At the end of the performance, guests might find themselves becoming “Honorary Citizens of Arendelle.” The 20-minute show will be presented multiple times each day.
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland: There’s a “big summer blowout” happening inside the park’s Soundstage One, where Oaken – the film’s trading post owner – and his cousins have created the “Frozen Funland” amidst a winter wonderland. Living up to its name, there will be plenty of frozen festivities inside the makeshift adventure park Oaken and his cousins built to make the most of the sudden snowstorm. Part of the Oaken’s Frozen Funland will be an ice skating rink with demonstrations by some of Oaken’s talented cousins on the Arendelle ice.
The cost for skating is $10 per person, per 30 minutes, which includes the use of ice skates, socks and a helmet. Guests are also allowed to bring in their own equipment to use. The rink will be open in Soundstage 1 from park opening to 8pm daily through the event. Skating is available on a first come, first served basis. Waivers for all guests are required and minors must have an adult/responsible party age 18 or older present to sign for them.
In addition, icy artisans will put their talents on display, creating carvings of favorite “Frozen” characters from giant frozen blocks. Kids can enjoy frozen wintertime activities in the “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” area. For all of his Frozen Funland friends, Oaken has plenty of merchandise at his Trading Post, along with hot cocoa and sweet treats available for purchase.
Guests can take pictures with the film’s animated characters in a virtual setting, and then email them or share on their social media channels.
When guests want to escape the icy atmosphere of Oaken’s outpost, all they have to do is look for the door marked “Sauna,” where they once again will exit to the warm Florida sun.
- Coolest Summer Ever Dance Party: From 5:30-9:30 p.m. each evening, a live band will take the stage to celebrate the Frozen summer fun with contemporary songs and a few familiar tunes from the film.
- Take-Along Olaf: As a special feature before the fireworks, guests will have a chance to be a part of a pre-show celebration by hashtagging photos of themselves in the park with a “Take-Along Olaf.” Throughout the day, Take-Along Olafs will be distributed at various locations in the park. Guests are then invited to take Olaf along with them on their Disney’s Hollywood Studios adventures. By sharing their photos with the unique hashtag #OlafSummerVacation, their photos may appear on the big screen in this special pre-show feature.
- Frozen Fireworks: At 9:45pm each evening, the giant Sorcerer Mickey Hat on Hollywood Blvd. gets the full Frozen treatment with special projections of snow and ice images, in an eye-popping spectacular above Hollywood Blvd. Set to the film’s soundtrack, the fireworks show will feature some special guests – including a very magical appearance from Elsa in which she will show how her powers flurry “through the air and to the ground” to produce magically icy blue and white gleaming fireworks.
Frozen fireworks will take place on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only from September 5 to September 28 2014.
'Frozen Summer Fun' Premium Package
The 'Frozen Summer Fun' Premium Package will provide a reserved viewing area for Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome procession, reserved seating for a showing of 'For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration' show, and a dessert party viewing of the 'Frozen' Fireworks Spectacular.
The reserved viewing for Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome procession takes place from 10:30am to 11:30am, with refreshments included. Check in is at Min and Bill's Dockside Diner at 10:30am.
At check in for the procession, guests will also be able to select which performance of 'For The First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration' they wish to see. Availability is on a first come, first served basis.
The 'Frozen' Fireworks Spectacular dessert party takes place from 8:30pm to 10pm, with the fireworks beginning at 9:45pm. Alcohol is included as part of the package.
The cost for the premium package is $59 for adults, and $34 for children, including tax. No discounts are available, and theme park admission is required. Reservations can be made by calling 407-939-1939.