The Earl of Sandwich shop opened in the former location of Gourmet Pantry at Downtown Disney Marketplace on March 2. The shop is named after British naval officer John Montagu, the fourth Earl of Sandwich credited with inventing the sandwich in 1762. (Earl is a term commonly used to describe a British nobleman, and Sandwich is the name of a town in England.)
The restaurant features an open kitchen, and interior and exterior seating for 220 Guests. Hot, freshly prepared sandwiches with original sauces and spreads highlight the menu.
Mar 03, 2004 /