Wild Africa Trek will be a three-hour, expert-led adventure offering up-close-and-personal experiences with wildlife species that make their home in Pangani Forest as well as other areas of the park’s Harambe Wildlife Reserve. As part of the adventure, you’ll clip onto a lifeline and step to the edge of a cliff to get amazingly close to the hippos and crocs.
Availability: Tours began from January 16 2011
Cost: Variable depending on season and time, park admission is required.
Weight restriction: 60lbs – 310lbs
Height restrictions: Minimum height is 48"
Age restriction: Guests must be 9 years old and above. Guest under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Cameras: Cameras that can be tethered with straps are allowed on the tour. As part of your tour, Photopass will be present to capture the experience, and downloads of the images are included in the cost.
Clothing: Recommended appropriate casual attire for an outdoor hiking experience would include shorts or pants with a comfortable shirt. Closed-toe shoes with a back strap or hiking boots required. No flip-flops will be allowed. Skirts or dresses are not recommended.
Here are a few highlights for curious explorers:
- Trekking with experienced guides through areas of Harambe Wildlife Reserve that aren’t explored during regular Disney’s Animal Kingdom experiences.
- Navigating through fern and vine forests on a bushwalk.
- Clipping into a harness attached to a safety line, crossing a rope bridge over the Safi River and cliff-hanging at the edge of gullies that are home to hippos and crocodiles.
- Experiencing the thrill of “over-landing” in customized open-air vehicles following the edge of a wide-open savanna.
- Unwinding from an unforgettable adventure at a private safari camp for wildlife viewing. At this station elevated above the savanna, guests will savor sample tastes of Africa. This period of the tour lasts for approx 30 minutes.
Harambe Wildlife Reserve will be offered several times daily at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Groups will be kept small, consisting of no more than 12 trekkers per safari.
Reservations for Wild Africa Trek can be arranged by calling 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687). Park admission is required for participants.
View images here.