Following the last few days of major announcements regarding the future of Pleasure Island, here is a summary of what is happening over the next year or so.
- All of the clubs on Pleasure Island are closing, including 8 Trax, Adventurers Club, BET Soundstage Club, Mannequins Dance Palace, Motion, and The Comedy Warehouse.
- The last night of operation for the closing clubs is September 27, 2008.
- Disney’s Oak Trail golf course added to Premium Annual Passes and Water Park Fun & More option of Magic Your Way Tickets to cover the loss of the Pleasure Island entry benefit.
- A tethered balloon (reaching heights of 300ft, and having internal lighting) will be added around the water near to Bongos in Downtown Disney West Side.
- T-Rex restaurant is expected to open around November 2008.
- A design-your-own t-shirt store from Hanes will be added inside Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories shop in the Marketplace.
- Portobello Yacht Club will be transformed into a Tuscan Country Trattoria, featuring family-style dishes and a re-designed interior and exterior, including additional outdoor seating. Work is set to begin this summer.
- The Marketplace Stage will be reworked to include a covered stage. This will become one of the homes for Disney's Magic Music Days.
- Fulton's Crab House will have an interior and exterior refurbishment in Spring 2009.
- The Wolfgang Puck Cafe on the West Side will have a full refurbishment.
Jul 01, 2008 /