Disney has today announced that a new concept store will be opening in early 2014 at Downtown Disney Marketplace.
Taking the space of the existing Team Mickey, which will close in January 2014, the new store will offer shops within a shop, each one showcasing a Disney product concept.
Disney Parks Blog author Steven Miller caught up with Tom Sheldon, manager of retail design and development for Disney Theme Park Merchandise, to learn more.
“Think about your favorite marketplaces from across the US,” said Tom. “These unique shopping experiences in major cities like Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York all have something in common – they are compelling and distinct, allow visitors to connect to the environment, and foster a sense of discovery. This is our goal with the Marketplace Co Op.”
“This public marketplace will serve as a laboratory to showcase new concepts and specialty products,” continued Tom. “It will be an incubator to introduce exciting new Disney retail shops and products.”
At opening, The Marketplace Co Op’s six new spaces will be:
- Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for woman featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
- Cherry Tree Lane - Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
- D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
- The Trophy Room - Vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
- Centerpiece - Home product for Guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
- Zoey and Pickles - A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up and coming fashionista.