The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, the newest addition to the Disney Vacation Club portfolio, are now officially open.
This morning saw a ribbon cutting ceremony where Ken Potrock (right), senior vice president and general manager, Disney Vacation Club and Norm Noble (left), general manager, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa joined Mickey and Minnie Mouse to celebrate the grand opening.
“The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is yet another example of how we are listening and responding to our members,” said Ken Potrock, senior vice president and general manager, Disney Vacation Club. “The resort builds on the continuing momentum to provide our members with ever-greater choices and experiences.”
The new resort features a variety of villa accommodations that sleep anywhere from five to nine guests, all designed to bring families closer and create memories that last a lifetime. The resort is the first Disney Vacation Club property to feature deluxe studios that sleep up to five guests. Additionally, expansive grand villas sleep 12 guests and feature multiple bedrooms and bathrooms, as well as a media room with a home theater system.
The villas evoke a casual elegance, continuing the distinctive design of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa while providing modern luxuries and whimsical Disney touches. A delightful Mary Poppins-themed bronze fountain with playful penguins waits to greet guests as they step into the lobby. Adorning the lobby’s atrium are also two five-tier custom grand chandeliers with a light antiqued-brass finish and decorative green crystals. Nearby at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, a children’s water-play area and private, poolside cabanas rest alongside Seven Seas Lagoon, nestled between Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Polynesian Resort.
The new resort features a variety of villa accommodations that sleep anywhere from five to twelve guests, providing enhanced flexibility and choice to members. Various types of rooms can be found at the villas with sleeping options for every family (fully accessible villas are available):
- Deluxe Studios – Sleeps up to 5 guests
- One-Bedroom Villa – Sleeps up to 5 guests
- Two-Bedroom Villa- Sleeps up to 9 guests
- Grand Villa – Sleeps up to 12 guests
Each villa features crown molding, porcelain tile on the balconies, cove ceilings, ceiling fans, wall coverings and upgraded finishes. The following are some of the many features that can be found in one-bedroom or larger villas:
- Artwork – themed “Grand Floridian” plates, classic Victorian-themed silhouettes and portraits with Disney touches, framed Mary Poppins themed cut-out, themed songbook covers and special artwork on the wall of the pull-down beds
- Living Rooms – two storage ottomans, pull-out drawers behind banquette tables, broad loom area rugs and pull-down bed with custom artwork
- Full Kitchens – upgraded appliances, granite countertops, a farmhouse sink, glass cabinet doors and a banquette table
- Master Bedrooms – decorative wainscoting in master bedroom, decorative crown molding on master bedroom ceiling and dimmable lights over bed for comfortable reading; innovative luggage hideaways and pullout drawers make fashionable, functional use of every square inch of space
- Master Bathrooms – mirror TV, freestanding Victorian-style tub with air-bubble jets, mosaic marble tile and walk-in master bath shower
Oct 23, 2013 / 12:18pm EDT