LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Some 150 award-winning visual artists will transform Downtown Disney into a vast outdoor gallery during the 28th annual Festival of the Masters Nov. 7-9. The event features honorees from top art festivals around the country, and offers a diversity of artistic experiences including live entertainment and unique children's activities.
Art lovers will delight in the creativity of Cirque du Soleil® performers who present special acts on Friday and Saturday afternoons ("Diabolos" at 2 p.m. Friday, "Cycles" at 4 p.m. Friday, "German Wheels" at 2 p.m. Saturday and "Trampoline" at 4 p.m. Saturday). The festival also provides an opportunity to experience the culinary offerings of this unique shopping, dining and entertainment district.
Other highlights include:
- House of Blues Folk Art Festival. Fifth annual "Where the Art Meets the Soul" festival features 40 local and national folk artists, live music and children's activities.
- Disney Magic Music Days Jazz Jam. Student ensembles from across the state perform on the Hub and West End stages at Pleasure Island Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Features collegiate, high school and middle school groups. Show times TBD.
- Performance Artists. In a 30-minute show, Disney Fine Art Group artists Stephen Reis and Trevor Carlton create an original masterpiece. Show time 1 p.m. Saturday in front of Virgin Megastore.
- Madonnari Masters Chalk Artists. The sidewalk becomes the canvas for more than 100 adult and high school chalk artists. Not to be missed! Marketplace, near World of Disney. Childrens interactive chalk art is presented by Kellogg's.
- Children's Activities. Families will enjoy art-related activities hosted by DisneyQuest, Cirque du Soleil®, Fulton's Crab House, Portobello Yacht Club, Disney Magazine & Hallmark, Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop, LEGO, Once Upon a Toy and Kellogg's. Locations throughout Downtown Disney.
- Additional Live Entertainment. Performances throughout the weekend at Virgin Megastore, Bongos Cuban Cafe and Fulton's Crab House.
- LEGO. The Greater Florida LEGO Users Group will create a giant LEGO display. The theme will be East meets West with an intricate castle design from the East and one from the West.
Hours for Festival of the Masters are daily 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. There is no charge for admission to Festival of the Masters.