It's opening night for 'The Taste of Africa Street Party' today, running nightly until July 24 2010 in the Africa section of the park.
The event begins each night immediately after Mickey Jammin' Jungle Parade, and runs through until park close. On Extra Magic Hours evening, the event will continue until the end of EMH.
The entertainment offerings include:
- Music and dance party with Harambe's DJ Khalifa. The DJ is positioned on top of the Marketplace building on the right side as you enter Harambe.
- Outdoor vendors selling unique food and beverages offerings (view the menu in the photos below)
- Performances by featured musical group, Wasslou
- Beer and wine tastings at Tamu Tamu Courtyard ($9 per person)
- Authentic merchandise options available for purchase
- Animal Education experiences with the Harambe Wildlife Team
We've got some pictures from earlier on this evening when the party began at around 4:15pm. As well as photos of the entertainment, we've also got the menus and pricing from the African food tasting offerings. If you are a fan of Boma and Sanaa you are in luck, as you may recognize some of the samples form their menus. It's also a great way of sampling some of that food if you are not yet sure about trying either Boma or Sanaa for the first time.
Jul 09, 2010 / 6:13pm EDT