We mentioned last week that a new entertainment offering
was heading to Animal Kingdom for the summer, and we now have some more details to share.
The full name will be 'The Taste of Africa Street Party'
, and it begins on July 9
, running nightly until July 24 2010 in the Africa section of the park. It's currently a limited time test, but may be extended if it proves popular.
The event begins each night immediately after Mickey Jammin' Jungle Parade, and runs through until park close. On Extra Magic Hours evening, the event will continue until the end of EMH.
The entertainment offerings include:
- Music and dance party with Harambe's DJ Khalifa
- Outdoor vendors selling unique food and beverages offerings
- Performances by featured musical group, Wasslou
- Beer and wine tastings at Tamu Tamu Courtyard
- Authentic merchandise options available for purchase
- Animal Education experiences with the Harambe Wildlife Team
Jun 21, 2010 / 1:52pm EDT