To celebrate the opening of Expedition Everest, Disney have created some unique Everest desserts at the Walt Disney World restaurants.
- "Everest Cake," A summit of fluffy white meringue crowns a warm chocolate "mountain" dessert at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.
- "Snow-Capped Everest Cakes," at Boma-Flavors of Africa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, are soaked in Amarula, an African liqueur, and topped with white chocolate "snow."
- The "Expedition to Everest Sundae," at Jiko-The Cooking Place at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, is a caramelized banana split with Amarula, chocolate and vanilla ice cream, malted whipped cream peaks and chocolate wisps.
- The "Everest Snowball," at Shutters at Old Port Royale at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, is Oreo cake dipped in white chocolate and coconut, served with a chocolate cookie and chocolate and strawberry sauces.
- Mountains of candy crumbles are a nod to the peaks of Everest atop the peaches and cream dessert at California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort, which serves a mélange of fluffy vanilla sponge cake with honey-scented cream, peaches, nectarines and crunchy candy crumbles.
- The "Everest Expedition," at Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, features a brown sugar tart in a chocolate and raspberry sauce with mounds of "snow" (vanilla ice cream).
Mar 27, 2006 /