Even though Disney has fully announced the 'MyMagic+'
NextGen enhancements, there remains a lot of confusion about what the service actually is. Here is our 'MyMagic+' FAQ:
1. What does 'MyMagic+' provide?
- 'MyMagic+' comprises of 3 main components: My Disney Experience website and smartphone app, FASTPASS+, and MagicBand RFID bracelet. The MagicBand replaces traditional tickets with a bracelet that is worn on the wrist. MagicBand combines all tickets, allowing room entry, park entry, FASTPASS+ attraction entry, PHOTOPASS, and room charging.
2. When will 'MyMagic+' be available?
- The system is in limited testing now, and Disney has said that it should be available to all Walt Disney World guests later in 2013.
3. How much does 'MyMagic+' cost?
- The system will be available at no additional cost. The basic MagicBand RFID bracelet
can be upgraded to a customized band, such as a Princess band, for an additional fee. This is only a cosmetic change however, and does not impact the actual experience.
4. Will you have to use 'MyMagic+'?
- No. The system is opt in, and is not required. However, if you do not use 'MyMagic+' you will not be able to use FASTPASS+.
5. Will Annual Passholders be able to use 'MyMagic+'?
Yes, Disney has said that they will be contacting Annual Passholders to provide them with a MagicBand to take part in the program.
6. Will guests have to use a smartphone to use FASTPASS+?
No. Guests will be able to use kiosks inside the parks to choose FASTPASS+ experiences as well as using smartphones or websites.
7. Is the MagicBand bracelet secure?
Yes, just like a normal park ticket, the bracelet just contains a unique ID code. This code identifies guests in the Disney database. No information is stored on the bracelet.
8. Will MyMagic+ be available to non-Walt Disney World Resort guests?
Yes. Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels, and Annual Passholders will receive a MagicBand, as well as those guests who purchase a photography package. Guests who stay at non-Disney hotels will receive an RFID enabled ticket with features of touch to enter the park, touch to redeem FastPass+ and touch to pay. These guests can participate in My Disney Experience and purchase a MagicBand if they wish.
Jan 07, 2013 / 9:29am EST