Disney Skyliner closing for refurbishment in early 2022

May 19, 2021 in "Disney Skyliner"

Disney Skyliner overview
Posted: Wednesday May 19, 2021 1:01pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney Skyliner at Walt Disney World will be closing for a brief refurbishment in early 2022.

The gondola transportation system will be closed January 23 through January 28 2022. Bus service will be available at the resorts served by Disney Skyliner.

Disney Skyliner officially opened on September 29 2019, connecting Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot to four resort hotels - Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the new Disney’s Riviera Resort.

View all current and upcoming Walt Disney World refurbishments.

corran horn17 days ago

They'll probably keep the stations for a while because they have bathrooms. :D

HauntedPirate17 days ago

I heard a rumor that they are adding a speaker to all gondolas so they could play music by the super well-known pop sensation Olivia Rodrigo to the Skyliner.

ShookieJones18 days ago

I have to make sure my wife doesn't see this article or we will never see the inside of the Skyliner again.

Doberge26 days ago

Is it too late to add paid fast pass queues for park opening and closing?!

larryz27 days ago

Well, I suppose a brief interruption in Skyliner service is preferable to a cable breaking unexpectedly... as just happened in Italy: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/23/at-least-eight-dead-in-italian-cable-car-accident

Minnesota disney fan28 days ago

Right, and bathrooms! AND they will lower the connected resort prices,

ImperfectPixie28 days ago

I totally get it! (And purple is my favorite, too! :) )

champdisney28 days ago

The transportation methods are just an add-on experience for the guest... and for those who want a break from all the walking.

Tomi-Rocket28 days ago

Oh, okay, thank you! And sorry! I was simply using my favorite color..🤷🏼‍♀️

ImperfectPixie28 days ago

Because you colored your font purple. We see it on black and/or dark grey backgrounds, so we can tell something is there, but not read it unless we select the text to highlight it.

Tomi-Rocket28 days ago

Just a heads up...I’m old and do not understand why not. 👵🏼😬🤷🏼‍♀️

castlecake2.028 days ago

Off topic but I wish they would add some shade around the skyliner stations. I know there’s probably restrictions about planting trees too close, but all these stations feel like their on the surface of the sun. Umbrellas in the queues and/or trees planted a safe distance away would really help.

peter1143528 days ago

Posts like this are obviously just searching for things to complain about. The information is publicly available to those booking the resorts. That’s why this thread exists.

larryz28 days ago

Did they run the system at all during the shutdown?