Ground cleared for the new Disney Vacation Club tower at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

19 days ago in "Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows"

Ground cleared for Disney Vacation Club tower - July 26 2022
Posted: Tuesday July 26, 2022 10:00am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Today we have a quick update from the site of the future Disney Vacation Club tower addition to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.

The former Luau Cove has been totally demolished, along with the vegetation and landscaping.

The walkway to Disney's Grand Floridan Resort remains open at this time.

The new DVC tower at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort has a planned opening in 2024.

ryguy18 days ago

Haha good catch. I too wish for a Traders Joe's in our town, but get the same lame excuse.

EPCOT-O.G.19 days ago

Here’s the thing…if they’re going to extend it all the way ”to” my house, may as well go “through” my house too

pdude8119 days ago

Now you're talking. That's the best idea you've had all day

Bbeagle19 days ago

It would also cost a bunch to extend the monorail to your house.

pdude8119 days ago

Right? I'm always asking for a Trader Joes to be built near my house, but there's not enough population density in the county.

Anteater20 days ago

I hear they're saving Tangaroa Terrace for another DVC tower. The new name for the area is Waikiki...

Club Cooloholic22 days ago

Yeah they aren't doing anything with that area really now, and good point about it being close to parking. Heck folks could walk over easily from the Transportation Cencter lots

ryguy22 days ago

In same the building as the neverland club housed an arcade (Moana Mickey's Fun Hut), guest laundry area, a quick service restaurant (snack Isle), and tangaroa terrace. I remember having breakfast at TT. Can't remember if it served any other meals. I enjoyed snack Isle as well.

helenabear22 days ago

The kids club was there. They also did have dining in the building at one point. Now it's for staff. Would be great if more dining and kids clubs existed.

Club Cooloholic22 days ago

I'm confused isn't that in Disneyland? I don't understand why they haven't taken the old Lilo and Strich/Neverland kids club and put something there. Or ...what would be really nice is bring back that kids club. It's amazing to me that WDW shut all theirs down. They could make money in so many ways opening them back up and maybe themeing them really well.like the ones on their cruise ships. Kids would beg to go to those for a night, leaving parents more time to buy overpriced Pain Killers at the bar.

helenabear22 days ago

Bay Lake at least added a pool bar and TOWL. I do think some dining will be added. More like RR than BLT which already had plenty of places.

Fido Chuckwagon22 days ago

If it follows the Bay Lake model it’s not going to have any food.

castlecake2.022 days ago

Was thinking this the other day, would be a great spot. Poly is also sorely lacking in a signature dining experience.