Luau Cove demolition progressing at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort to clear land for new Disney Vacation Club tower

Jun 14, 2022 in "Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows"

Luau Cove area prior to demolition - June 14 2022
Posted: Tuesday June 14, 2022 10:33am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Demolition is continuing at Disney's Polynesian Resort to clear land for the construction of the new Disney Vacation Club tower.

The walkway from the Polynesian Resort to the Grand Floridian is currently still open, with a new fence installed blocking the demolition work.

The new tower will be built on the site of the former Spirit of Aloha Dinner show at the Luau Cove with a planned opening in 2024.

raymusiccity13 hours ago

Dang! Reminds me of Joe Biden telling us to keep the record player on at night ! :)

Ayla17 hours ago

It is extremely rare to find any hotel that still has clock radios in rooms.

networkpro18 hours ago

Theres going to be lots of pilings that need to be driven as its all sand. Going to be noisy during the day.

raymusiccity18 hours ago

Tuning to the AM band and the static will give you the same sound. :)

Poly197419 hours ago

I hope those pilings disappear into the ground like the site of the mediterranean resort, so they can't build this disaster.

helenabear8 days ago

We'll be there in March too! Totally opposite end of the resort so you'll be removed no matter what. I used to live in the city and found a good white noise machine or fan helps. Compared to NYC 46th st, these horns are nothing! Just a helpful hint. Also double check the sliding door is tight. You can hear them softly in Pago Pago too if you like the sound. This is one of the best noise machines I've tried. And I have tried a bunch

CastAStone9 days ago

I just use the BetterSleep app on my phone for white noise. Set it to “heavy rain” which is one of the free options. Perfect.

Ayla9 days ago

Get a travel-sized white noise machine. It has made an amazing difference for me when I travel.

CaptainAmerica9 days ago

Yeah I don't expect any of the existing DVC buildings to notice any construction noise for the length of this project.

pdude819 days ago

In some rooms I have barely noticed them and others they woke me up. Not sure of the how and why but good luck!

DisneyDreamer089 days ago

Yes, I’ve heard about the ferry horns. My 7 year old is not the best sleeper so hopefully we can request a box fan to block out some of the noise 😂

dreday39 days ago

I loooove hearing the boat horns from our room at the various resorts. It's one of the things we really missed when staying at Gran Destino. Can't wait to be back at Beach Club next year and hear the Friendship boats!

pdude819 days ago

Lake view is as far away from the construction as you can be. However you do get the joy of the late night ferry horns to make up for it :). All in all I really like the Moorea building and laundry is in there if that matters to you.