See the plans filed for the new DVC tower at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

Apr 13, 2022 in "Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows"

Posted: Wednesday April 13, 2022 10:50am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

New permit filings show more details of what we can expect at the new Disney Vacation Club villas at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.

The plans pictured above show the pool area, splash pad, building layout and parking. Also confirmed by the plans is that there will be no monorail station specifically for the tower.

Thanks to @danlb_2000 on the WDWMAGIC Forums for locating the plans.

This composite image below by @trainplane3 shows the plans overlaid on a satellite view of the existing Luau Cove and surrounding area.

The new tower will be built on the site of the former Spirit of Aloha Dinner show at the Luau Cove with a planned opening in 2024.

Ayla27 minutes ago

And not a thing announced to expand park capacity.

Disstevefan132 minutes ago

Polyday Inn 🤣 Its perfect!!! This one is going to catch on quick, LOL

mysto35 minutes ago

You named it for me! I will always think of this as the Polyday Inn now.

Disstevefan143 minutes ago

Will this be completed before they finish EPCOT? ;) Disney is quick to spend money to create something that MAKES MONEY. DVC makes A LOT of money! The huge initial to buy in and there are the monthly dues, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. Does this new resort look like, or remind you of the Poly? NOPE! But that does not matter, it's the MONEY that matters...

helenabear1 hour ago

You are correct, Reflections was announced as a mixed resort. Not just DVC. I'll keep some speculating to myself, but I believe real issues came up. Pity they never reopened the walkway between WL and Ft Wilderness though.

dreday31 hour ago

Gran Destino isn't DVC. But it's very, very nice.

Phicinfan1 hour ago

Just supposition on my part..... But they want to continue the path they did with Rivera and Destino towers. A tower DVC at each major resort. I will also add, that the Reflections was going to be a bit out of the way, and hard to get to by land, so it was not worth the expense when they can expand directly on the lake by MK

castlecake2.01 hour ago

From what I gather, both were supposed to happen but in a different order. It’s easier to build at the poly as it can use pre existing infrastructure and back of house facilities compared to a brand new build at the reflections site. I also believe reflections wasn’t going to be 100% DVC, but a blend. In another thread (or maybe this one, I can’t remember) it was mentioned there’s two new hotels coming that are pretty much green lit but waiting on a time frame.

Aurorafan1 hour ago

Why do you think they cancelled the Reflections DVC resort but then decided to build the Polyday Inn tower?

WondersOfLife2 hours ago

Should have said reopened

dreday32 hours ago

I thought they've always had a Luau dinner show there? Pretty sure they did before Covid. I personally don't think the Luau show is a big loss. I've honestly only read mediocre reviews of it throughout the years.

jeanericuser0012 days ago

Paved paradise put up a dvc.

WondersOfLife4 days ago

You know what is hilarious/a big slap in the face for Disney?? ...Universal just opened up a Wantilan Luau dinner show at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort