Foundation work begins at the site of the new Disney Vacation Club Tower at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

Dec 08, 2022 in "Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows"

Polynesian Resort Disney Vacation Club tower construction - December 7 2022
Posted: Thursday December 8, 2022 1:32pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The new Disney Vacation Club Tower at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort looks to be entering a new phase as work appears to have begun on the foundations.

Near the center of the site, a piling rig has been set up, which looks like it may be laying the first of the foundations for the new building.

Elsewhere, with the land cleared, crews are working on grading the site.

The new DVC tower at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort has a planned opening in 2024.

CaptainAmerica1 day ago

The new Poly DVC building is going to be nowhere near the size of Gran Destino Tower.

jimbojones1 day ago

beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the saying goes. But for me that giant tower looming over everything feels oppressive, though I have no interest in high rise hotels when I am on vacation. They make me feel like I am just on another a business trip not on vacation. I used to love coronado, it felt like a small high end resort in Mexico, now the illusion is broken and I am fully aware that I am at just another Orlando hotel at all time, or a hotel at any overcrowded tourist destination. This is also why I love the poly, after dealing with the crowds at the parks we would end our day at a resort which felt like a small high end destination in the South Pacific. For context WDW is the only busy touristy place I have any interest in visiting on vacation, otherwise what I like is getting away from crowds, traffic and urban architecture. So again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I like the 70s-90s pre DVC WDW era hotel resort aesthetic and design philosophy. Take that away and I might as well just stay at the Holiday Inn and save some money.

flyerjab9 days ago

Agree. We LOVE the Gran Destino. If we can’t get our DVC resort for every day of a trip, we have added that location for a night or two. And the concierge club is fantastic. The food is great and the views from that high up are terrific.

Jambo Dad9 days ago

Coronado was not harmed- Gran Destino is a beautiful building that has added to the resort. Now they need a skyliner.

Skibum19709 days ago

They are part of Ladder 6659 Union. Breaks negotiated in contract.

CastAStone11 days ago

You mean the Disney Dream Wedding View rooms? That’s an extra $90 a night.

ToTBellHop11 days ago

Lower floors are for the poors who can only afford $60k contracts.

CntrlFlPete11 days ago

I think that ladder is a part-timer. Never seen one get a break so soon into a project, yet there they are, laying down already.

CntrlFlPete11 days ago

I would've hated being in customer service during the 'castle cake days'!

JoeCamel12 days ago

For the money that place brings they will put a camera on the far side with screens toward the tower, never mess with a Disney bride

mysto12 days ago

Looks like that wedding pavillion is going to have to come down, it's blocking the view of the castle from the lower floors.

Ayla12 days ago

ToTBellHop12 days ago

This is Disney, sir. That ladder took 4 months to plan and construct and cost $13.4 million. But it is prettier than any Epic Universe ladder.