Disney recruiting a Hotel Services director for Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser

Feb 26, 2021 in "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser"

Star Wars - Galactic Starcruiser - November 16 2020 Concept art
Posted: Friday February 26, 2021 8:28am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney yesterday posted a job position for the Hotel Services director at the upcoming Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser.

Despite the COVID-19 closures and delays, Walt Disney World's Star Wars themed 2 night experience remains on track to open, although a precise opening date is not yet available. Onboarding a Hotel Services director appears to suggest that the construction phase is moving towards to an operational phase.

Here is an overview of the position. You can find out more at the Disney Careers website.

Disney is searching for a seasoned hotelier with senior leadership hospitality experience on land or at sea to serve as Hotel Services Director for our new Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser. As a Hotel Services Director you will lead and implement a unique immersive two-night experience aligned with our Star Wars franchise. A passion for bringing ideas to life, creativity, value a non-traditional work environment, and balance traditional hotel experience with immersive entertainment are all important traits you will need to have to be successful in this role. If selected, you will report to the Regional General Manager – Hotel Operations.

Disney describes the new hotel as a "first-of-its-kind vacation experience where guests will check in for a two-night adventure aboard a glamorous starship. Once onboard, guests will interact with characters and become active participants in stories that unfold around them on their galactic journey. "

The image above shows a model of the ship called the Halcyon from the Chandrila Star Line, which is where you adventure will take place.

nickys5 hours ago

Next time your wife wants to meet characters you could always go and do something else.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT6 hours ago

Plust don't forget some adults never went there as a kid so for many of them, its their first time going to the parks and seeing a character for the first time.

dmw7 hours ago

Why do adults get so excited for anything fictitious? I mean, Star Wars is complete fiction but a LOT of adults are totally into the stories as if they are real. Look at how many people argue cannon just on this forum. Personally, I enjoy meeting costumed characters, and even dressing up myself. Yes, I know there is a poor CM in the costume pretending to be a favorite character. But, I also know the character is not real in any movie, book, etc. So, what difference does it make? It's just part of having fun, at least for me. I certainly can understand if that is not fun for everyone.

GimpYancIent7 hours ago

Age has nothing to do with going to Disney. I enjoy interacting with characters along with my grand children. Yes, it is fun.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT7 hours ago

exactly

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT7 hours ago

meeting characters is a fun thing for the young and old to do. for the old, yeah we know its not really them but that is what makes it cool. we are meeing a physical representation of beloved cartoon character. its a fun thing to do at the parks.

dsinclair12 hours ago

There should be a character named Biggs Omas that walks around on the hour yelling, "Let's get ready for some Star Wars!"

danlb_200013 hours ago

If you are talking about proper immersion, then you should never see the words "Star Wars" at all.

pdude8114 hours ago

magnanimous6614 hours ago

Disney will put some unfortunate employee in the suit and make him/her walk around and do nothing. I never understood why adults get so excited for costumed characters. Last year I waited in line for 45 minutes to meet Anna and Elsa. My wife really wanted to meet them. Why I don't know. Even my 13 year old son thought that it was ridiculous. When we finally got to meet them is was so strange and awkward. I didn't know what to say, cause your not who you trying to portray. I just found it to be strange. I guess its not really targeted for adults, but if the younger kids enjoy it then that's cool.

magnanimous6614 hours ago

He wouldn't be. Its just made up Star Wars in attempt to sell over price hotel rooms. period! Its a perfect example of Disney's greed.

magnanimous6614 hours ago

In 1977 my father took me to see Star Wars in the movie theater. Ever since that trip everything Sc-Fi (for me) was compared to Star Wars. As a child Star Wars fueled my imagination, my childhood was filled with new imaginative Star Wars adventures. I had the toys, the shirts, the records, the trading cards. For me, as a child Star Wars was everything. Even as an adult I buy Star Wars Sideshow and Hot Toys collectibles. Yes I'm a Harry Potter fan. I enjoyed the movies. I haven't read the books yet. But I was an adult when the Harry Potter movies came out, so there isn't the same deep emotional attachment with Harry that I have with Star Wars and that explains my intent. Its ok to criticize something you hold in high regard.

magnanimous6615 hours ago

celluloid22 hours ago

Mostly ones where guests feel like they overpaid.