Disney confirms reopening date of Animal Kingdom Lodge at Walt Disney World

Jun 15, 2021 in "Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge"

Posted: Tuesday June 15, 2021 5:!5pm Et by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has this afternoon confirmed that it will reopen Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge on August 26 2021 and bookings are now being accepted.

The Disney Vacation Club wing Kidani Village is already open to guests. The reopening of the main lodge brings hope that we may see a return of the hugely popular Boma restaurant, although there is no information yet available on its reopening.

Additional Walt Disney World Resort hotels with reopening dates are:

• Disney’s BoardWalk Inn - July 2
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort - late July

Disney's Port Orleans Resort, Disney All Star Music and Disney's All Star Sports do not yet have a reopening date.

castlecake2.015 days ago

The vloggers must already be lining up

jaklgreen23 days ago

I have noticed that every time I book a room, different "requests" come up. Usually nothing that I want. I think they are trying to push rooms that no one wants. LOL I prefer to call and add the request to my reservation when I book the room.

trojanjustin23 days ago

Room service, daily housekeeping, the ability to contact the front desk from your room (Disney sends you to a call center who is often clueless about resort-specific information), useable wifi, TVs that allow streaming, and just an overall more personalized level of service from a staff who remember you after day 1.

castlecake2.023 days ago

What’s some examples of the better service? (Not being snarky, genuinely curious)

mnelson323 days ago

Hope it’s true that not all resort rooms are available yet from October on.

jmp8524 days ago

I think being closer to the amenities is now an upcharge via the "Preferred Room" option. If you read the description for these room types it states "Close to Melody Hall, Dining, Shopping and Transportation." Regarding viewing landscaping versus parking lot, it's really the luck of the draw under the 'Standard Room' selection. You might be able to talk to the front desk about not looking at a parking lot, never hurts to ask.

striker106424 days ago

Yeah, we keep going back and forth for race weekend. Booked POFQ because we've never stayed there, but for the price difference, those Music renovations don't look too bad.

DisneyDreamer0825 days ago

Slightly related to resorts reopening- I booked Music yesterday and the two choices for room requests are ground floor and king bed 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣 What happened to landscape view, close to transportation, specific buildings etc?

trojanjustin25 days ago

Point remains the same. The hotel is far, far, far nicer and provides exponentially better service than POR.

jmp8525 days ago

I'm seeing an average of $353/night for the same nights at JW Marriott.

𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚝𝙰𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎25 days ago

The Magic at the poly alone doubled between 2003 and 2013. Apparently. The price increases have scaled back on a percentage basis a lot in the last few years but the dollar numbers are so high now - a 4% increase on a $750 room is $30!

Texas8425 days ago

Sure, Th-Sat $171, Sun $143, Mon $132.

Tom P.25 days ago

If you don't mind sharing, may I ask what nightly rate you got for Music?