United States extends social distancing guidelines to April 30 with Walt Disney World set to be closed for at least another month

Mar 29, 2020 in "The Walt Disney Company"

The United States government has this evening announced that it will extend the social distancing guidelines for another 30 days through to at least April 30 2020.

The initial 15 day-long guidelines announced two weeks ago to control the spread of coronavirus expire on Monday, which include limits on the size of large gatherings and keeping vulnerable groups at home.

President Trump said today that, "We can expect that by June 1st, we will be well on our way to recovery." If that statement holds true, Disney may be able to reach its June 1 reopening of Walt Disney World, which it began accepting reservations for earlier this weekend. It does also seem to confirm that the parks will not see any possibility of reopening during the month of April.

Now entering the third week, the Walt Disney World theme parks continue to be closed until further notice.

Article Posted: Mar 29, 2020 / 7:47pm ET

DisneyDebRob17 minutes ago

I have to admit that over the last 8-9 months I have been enjoying my space. When someone is within 10 feet I’m giving them the eye. 🙂 Little exaggeration there but you know what I mean I would not mind that at all. Just me and the shrubbery folks(Monty Python) floating around the place.

Sirwalterraleigh21 minutes ago

You mean if they both looked like that when only custodial/horticulture is trolling around in the middle of the night??

DisneyDebRob22 minutes ago

Ok, now I would go.

Sirwalterraleigh22 minutes ago

I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that people HAVE to disagree In my years swimming the “ocean” of internet disfandom...I’ve often noticed common ground and changes to people and their takes over the years. It’s a sign of maturity/wisdom...more ears and less vocal cords often works.

Sirwalterraleigh24 minutes ago

I assume it means: 1. Don’t go into spaces in crowds unprotected. 2. Avoid places with crowds that aren’t necessary to be in.

DisneyCane27 minutes ago

You're welcome! Maybe things are going to get better in the world. First, I had several agreements with @GoofGoof yesterday and now today we've had a cordial exchange! :) Anybody that has read a lot of my posts would certainly conclude that on their own. I wanted to be up front and clear for anybody who hasn't since I was commenting that not very many Trump supporters would actually refuse a vaccine out of spite over an election result.

DisneyDebRob29 minutes ago

It’s coming.. just wait a few seconds.

DisneyDebRob34 minutes ago

No need to tell us to buckle up. I’ve been in restraints the last 4 years that puts RoR restraints to shame.

Sirwalterraleigh36 minutes ago

Every thing is tedious/tired at this point. Every person...every opinion...the facts...the complete crap. It’s all tired. We all are in the line and the line forms right behind me. However...the actual numbers are what are really tired today when talking about travel and amusement parks...really tired.

wdwmagic36 minutes ago

As a reminder again, this is not a general political thread - there is an entire section for that. Please try to remain on topic. Thanks

SamusAranX38 minutes ago

yes, because for the most part, people in this thread have been cordial and respectful in discussing COVID, strategies, and so on. throwing the stupid politics in it is like a molotov cocktail

Sirwalterraleigh39 minutes ago

Thanks for the honesty (sincerely)...but did you honestly think anyone didn’t know that? (Sincerely)

ParkerLoLs40 minutes ago

FTW.

Chi8443 minutes ago

You come here to get away from cynical, bitter infighting? ;)