Osceola County to join Orange County in 'stay at home' order covering all of Walt Disney World property

Mar 25, 2020 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Posted: Wednesday March 25, 2020 3:35pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

If anyone was in any doubt that Walt Disney World would remain closed beyond the original announced March 31, today's announcement that Osceola County will join Orange County with a "stay home" order all but confirms an extension to the Walt Disney World closure.

Walt Disney World property is located in both counties, which means that the order from both Orange and Osceola covers all of Walt Disney World guest operations in Florida.

Orange County had already ordered all non-essential business to be closed from March 26 at 11pm to April 9 2020 at 11pm. The county definitions of non-essential include locations with amusement rides, carnivals, water parks, pools, zoos, museums, arcades, fairs, children's play centers, playgrounds, theme parks, bowling alleys, pool halls, movie and other theaters, concert and music halls, country clubs, social clubs and fraternal organizations.

Nearby Universal Studios has announced a closure through to April 19 2020.

matt911259 minutes ago

Where are these magical employees you speak of....they dont exsist. Labor market is alarmingly tight and the cherry on top is all the people were going to be firing 🤣🤣 i just dont want to hear anybody complain of understaffed this or that. Whether you agree with vax or curb policys aside.

Lilofan1 hour ago

It is no secret that unvaccinated adults that are obese have a higher greater risk of contacting covid but then again dining in a number of food options in the South are limited. Try finding a fast food place easily that allows dine in option in several states, GA, NC, SC for example and if one is so lucky, select from the " limited " menu.

Lilofan2 hours ago

Customers remember that but what is easily forgotten is to tip your housekeeper.

Lilofan2 hours ago

Michelle Obama with the support of WDW did address childhood obesity when she came to ESPN Sports Complex at WDW approx 10 years ago to address this nationwide issue in her "Let's Move" campaign in an event that featured kids, their families and exercise/ dancing with the kids led by her in front of the cameras. Kudos to her!

Vegas Disney Fan4 hours ago

You left out drinking, 😉 During the lockdowns I gained about 15 pounds, I was riding my bike about 10 miles a day and doing a 30 minute “beach body“ cardio program everyday but that wasn’t enough to overcome the fact I was spending the other 15 hours a day isolated in my home in front of the TV snacking, drinking soda, having a cocktail or two every day, and generally being unhealthy. Even cooking at home everyday didn’t help because it was easier to make something like Mac n cheese than to make something healthy from scratch. Since I’ve gone back to work I’ve managed to lose about 10 pounds, 5 more to go, despite working out less per day. I’m burning more calories by just doing my job and I’m eating fewer calories because I’m too busy to snack, drinking is back to special occasions again also. I’ve done the RunDisney races since 2013 so I know many “large” runners who are in relatively good shape, its possible to be large and healthy, but they seem to be the exception. You can’t eat horribly, never exercise, etc and then not expect to have health problems.

Angel Ariel5 hours ago

Yes body shaming worked so well for years 🙄. Because when people feel horrible about themselves, they’re totally motivated to take care of themselves. Versus when they feel positive and happy in their own skin. as someone who struggles with anxiety and depression, I have no hesitation saying I am much more able to take care of myself - ie exercise, eat right, get the sleep I need, etc - when I feel positive about myself than when I am depressed.

EpcoTim7 hours ago

Don’t forget to tip your waitress.

Archie1237 hours ago

Whomp whomp.

EpcoTim7 hours ago

Not buying the fact that people were against healthy lunches, political leanings aside. Maybe they were against how they were funded or distributed, but not the meals themselves, except for, well, you know, the kids who had to eat them. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/11/24/students-are-blaming-michelle-obama-for-their-gross-school-lunches/

GoofGoof8 hours ago

Not buying what? We aren’t supposed to talk politics here.

EpcoTim8 hours ago

I’m not buying that one.

GoofGoof8 hours ago

It’s basic politics but since we aren’t supposed to talk about politics here I’ll leave it at that.

EpcoTim8 hours ago

Clear-cut and burning the rainforest for that cheap-beef burger at the World is bad for the environment?

EpcoTim8 hours ago

Ok, seriously, what’s your source on this?